Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

2012 came out with only a 3l diesel in Australia

2012 came out with only a 3l diesel in Australia
  2. Replies
    Views

Thought I'd add to this thread. Spent most of...

Thought I'd add to this thread. Spent most of today putting back the new intercooler plumbing and fitting a provent catch can. Drove around for an hour, opened up the catch can and there is already a...
  3. Replies
    Views

The 4 speed auto's have a lock up torque...

The 4 speed auto's have a lock up torque converter so what feels like 5 the gear is the torque converter locking up to give better fuel economy on the highway.
  4. Replies
    Views

Poll: I'm on my iPad so can't see the poll but I'm...

I'm on my iPad so can't see the poll but I'm pretty sure the poll is public. Click on one of the numbers and see if the names pop up?
  5. Replies
    Views

Scotty, I'm taking the car back to ARB in the...

Scotty,

I'm taking the car back to ARB in the morning to fit the castor correction bushes. Since the lift and the new tyres, the steering has been lighter than I would have preferred and I am a...
  6. Replies
    Views

Poll: I'm pretty sure it was the 2nd so everyone can...

I'm pretty sure it was the 2nd so everyone can meet up, recoup and leave the following day.

Not sure on exact duration (Darren?) across but there's no rush in my books.
  7. Replies
    Views

CRD Engine failure

Hi, Ive been a member for a few years, and have found a lot of helpful information in that time.
    As I havent found many first hand accounts of CRD grenading I thought I would post this.

My 2007...
  8. Replies
    Views

Poll: Darren mate i knew that yes look at the numbers...

Darren mate i knew that yes look at the numbers
    then and now

come on guys this is a once off for some of us
    lets do it this is what this forum is about
  9. Replies
    Views

Sorry to disappoint fellas but alas, I have also...

Sorry to disappoint fellas but alas, I have also received my free Denco hat today and mighty fine it looks too :D
  10. Replies
    Views

No, wounding it out aka opening it will reduce...

No, wounding it out aka opening it will reduce spool rate which slows down the turbo response which lowers down the boost. Wounding it in aka closing it makes it spool up faster with higher boost at...
  11. Replies
    Views

Well, you'll know alright, the boost spool up...

Well, you'll know alright, the boost spool up will be slower and car sluggish/slower to accelerate. No real damage from slower spool up. You need to do it in small increments. Did you observe spool...
  12. Replies
    Views

I'd blocked all ports on the solenoid so as not...

I'd blocked all ports on the solenoid so as not to get it filthy, you never know when you want to re use it again. The damper is the same on Di as well, when you change over to needle valve it is on...
  13. Thread: Vacuum hose

by threedogs
    Replies
    Views

I brought mine on ebay, but only use for vacuum...

I brought mine on ebay, but only use for vacuum not boost or fuel.
    it's pretty thick walled as well, should only cost max 50cents a mtr
  14. Replies
    Views

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/APE-BLUE-VACUUM-HOSE-6M...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/APE-BLUE-VACUUM-HOSE-6MM-X-3-METERS-/180834028489

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/SAAS-Vacuum-Hose-Blue-6mm-x-3m.aspx?pid=286635#Cross
  15. Thread: Vacuum hose

by Stropp
    Replies
    Views

One of the hydraulic mobs or even Clark rubber...

One of the hydraulic mobs or even Clark rubber just check pricing as it can vary a lot
  16. Replies
    Views

There is no need to keep adjusting it (needle...

There is no need to keep adjusting it (needle valve) constantly unless you are one of those types who keep constantly fiddling, never happy. Mine is fitted under bonnet is now almost fully close...
  17. Replies
    Views

Look, laws of physics apply, you'll need to lower...

Look, laws of physics apply, you'll need to lower the boost to be able to feed exhaust gases back in to intake. Low boost equals high EGTs = bad news for diesel engine. Yes, ZD30 CrD engines are...
  18. Replies
    Views

I have just fitted a egr block to my crd about 3...

I have just fitted a egr block to my crd about 3 weeks ago, So far the boost hasn't changed max boost of about 16psi on pod gauge and the fuel economy seems to be about the same around town, haven't...
  19. Replies
    Views

When EGR opens the ECU reduces the boost so if...

When EGR opens the ECU reduces the boost so if you are planning to "shim" it there is no point/makes no sense to retain factory solenoid control.
    So the pictures are worth thousands of words look...
  20. Replies
    Views

All the dawes valve does is limited your maximum...

All the dawes valve does is limited your maximum boost. Using a needle valve in conjunction with the dawes will let you control how fast the turbo will spool up. Its not really needed to use the...
  21. yeah but at the end of the day hes just another...

yeah but at the end of the day hes just another celeb that gets way too much attention. how many other people die in road accidents and you dont hear nations upset about their death?
  22. Replies
    Views

Take off your negative battery terminal, put a...

Take off your negative battery terminal, put a 12v test light (or a 12v bulb on wires) in between the now removed terminal , and the battery terminal, all the power now travels through the bulb, the...
  23. Replies
    Views

You don't have to do the fuel rail mod ... only...

You don't have to do the fuel rail mod ... only if you want extra performance over the normal type power gains.

I have been talking to one of the reputable Diesel Workshops in Lilydale here in...
  24. Replies
    Views

ive got a Steinbauer in mine and run it at 3/4...

ive got a Steinbauer in mine and run it at 3/4 and i noticed the diffrence, fuel use went down slightly but nothing to write home about. took 30 mins to fit and can be removed in 10 mins if your car...
  25. Replies
    Views

Well I've done about 40k on my DPChip. And have...

Well I've done about 40k on my DPChip. And have not had a problem yet.
    I switch from the different settings between low and high setting depending on what I'm doing.
    Now I think I'm on 4, but...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4