OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

This may explain better than my babble not the...

This may explain better than my babble not the best artist but give you an idea
  2. Replies
    Views

So reducing articulation for someone who prefers...

So reducing articulation for someone who prefers to do more difficuilt 4wd it is definately worse as you will lift wheels off the ground more regularly therefor loosing traction, then to counteract...
  3. Replies
    Views

Axle articulation also called flex in simple...

Axle articulation also called flex in simple terminology is the travel of the axle from maximum stretch to minimum compression if that makes sense, how far each wheel can travel up and down. This is...
  4. Replies
    Views

Me, I just "eyeball" the ride height but......

Me, I just "eyeball" the ride height but... Technically, the 'best' way is...

Let all the air out of the bags

With average load in the back measure the height front and rear of the vehicle...
  5. Nah... shouldn't be the tyres esp if they have...

Nah... shouldn't be the tyres esp if they have the same wear.

If tyre dia caused it then the hubs would lock evry time any vehicle went round a corner
  6. Replies
    Views

Generally the red ones are Poly Airs, the blue...

Generally the red ones are Poly Airs, the blue ones Firestones from the Airbag Man etc.

Polyair used to state that the airbag had to be inflated before loading up the vehicle. I don't know if...
  7. Replies
    Views

hi i have them on mine and yes ynot is correct ...

hi i have them on mine and yes ynot is correct
    the coils do the main work so the airbags are used to level the load so the ass doesn drag on the ground
    when i tow the boat its at 22 psi / if used...
  8. Replies
    Views

The only thing I know about air assist springs is...

The only thing I know about air assist springs is you should keep a minimum 5psi in them at all times to stop them getting pinched by the springs.

Tony
  9. Replies
    Views

Just a quick forum tip for you Nobby, when you're...

Just a quick forum tip for you Nobby, when you're replying to multiple posts as you did above, click on "reply with quote" (like I did here) so people can see which post you are replying to, your...
  10. Replies
    Views

Check this thread for more info on auto hubs;...

Check this thread for more info on auto hubs; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?596-Fixing-GQ-GU-auto-hubs&highlight=fixing+auto+hubs

Tony
  11. Replies
    Views

Have you repacked them with grease lately? Too...

Have you repacked them with grease lately? Too much grease can be just as big a problem as not enough with the auto hubs. If there is too much in there, it will pressurise and they won't fully...
  12. Did you use the correct Nissan Spec Diff Oil ? ...

Did you use the correct Nissan Spec Diff Oil ?

If the Diff Oil is the wrong spec that will also cause uncommanded engagement of the Auto Hubs
  13. Replies
    Views

after 4x4ing do you reverse up to release the hub?

after 4x4ing do you reverse up to release the hub?
  14. Replies
    Views

Lpg

I have owned LPG cars for many years including a taxi, all falcons. Also have a Courier 2.6 MPI on gas as well. If the engine is working hard go one heat range colder. Replace the plug leads at or...
  15. Replies
    Views

the evil twin is correct. The spark plug gap...

the evil twin is correct. The spark plug gap needs to be reduced 0.1-0.2mm and needs to be one heat range colder. For Bosch plugs, the colder plug's part number is numerically lower, where NGK plugs...
  16. Replies
    Views

spiral leads and platinum plugs (one range colder...

spiral leads and platinum plugs (one range colder I think but not sure on that bit). certainly make a diff on teh TB42 EFI's so should be the go on the 45's as well I reckon
  17. Thread: Stray current

by YNOT
    Replies
    Views

Stray current test Procedure: Note: This check...

Stray current test Procedure:
    Note: This check procedure is best carried out with plain water in the cooling system, since coolant may
    give a false reading.

1. Remove the radiator cap and run...
  18. Thread: Stray current

by YNOT
    Replies
    Views

Stray current

modern radiators are vulnerable to stray current corrosion because many of them are attached to the
    vehicle by their plastic tanks, or are insulated from the vehicle chassis by rubber mounts.
    In...
  19. Replies
    Views

Fixing GQ/GU auto hubs

G'day all,

Auto hubs are the same GQ and GU, they are an auto hub (much the same as any other auto hub) except that they have a manual over ride that allows you to manually lock them in using the...
  20. Sticky: Aussie Version Nissan Patrol Supplement Manual Version 8

A member has kindly given us the Australian version of the Nissan Patrol GU Y61 service manual.

This is the supplement VIII 1 revision June 2004. It should cover all engines including the tb45e....
  21. Sticky: Download Full Factory Original 1998 Nissan Patrol GU Manual.

For those members needing the original full factory 1998 Nissan Patrol GU Manual.

This manual covers RD28ETi.

Free download on below attachment.

Enjoy!

If anyone else needs other...