OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Sharky's GU TD42T 10 year build up

So I'm finally coming to the end of where I saw this project going when i started.......aaaah crap, who am I kidding? It will never end. But it's been a labor of love, time & money albeit well...
  2. Replies
    Views

Can change the cam too which alters fuel delivery...

Can change the cam too which alters fuel delivery in a big way as well as engine/turbo performance

I had mine done by United Fuel Injection in perth when I fitted my turbo & I've never been happy...
  3. Replies
    Views

I guess when u jump on ebay & search GU TD42...

I guess when u jump on ebay & search GU TD42 turbo components, you have to hope the manufacturer has put in the research & development. I know I'm taking a gamble here & I'm mixing & matching. We...
  4. Replies
    Views

Yep. Even after 4yrs it takes many yrs of...

Yep. Even after 4yrs it takes many yrs of experience to become an expert in the field. You just can't learn it all & gain the necessary experience in a short time. And so much changes over time too....
  5. Replies
    Views

Lol yeah I've seen you around Bigcol. I recognise...

Lol yeah I've seen you around Bigcol. I recognise you by your number plates. Your car looks pretty clean.
  6. Replies
    Views

I 2nd what bigwesty said but just double check...

I 2nd what bigwesty said but just double check that the ratios on the 4.5L are 4.11 & not 4.23 or 4.37. The compliance plate will tell you what they are unless they've been changed.
  7. Replies
    Views

Finally going turbo

So after many yrs of driving N/A TD42 I've decided that I'm sick of climbing hills in 2nd or 3rd @ 3000rpm or being stuck behind some slow moron on the highway only to be unable to pass coz every...
  8. Replies
    Views

I bet my left lug nut its got a cracked head. I...

I bet my left lug nut its got a cracked head. I also wouldn't be going back to that same mechanic ever again. When my radiator blew I was stuck in middle of nowhere & out of necessity in an emergency...
  9. Replies
    Views

I'm not a huge fan of helicoils, especially in a...

I'm not a huge fan of helicoils, especially in a semi high torque application. In all honesty your best bet, provided the manifold has enuf meat on it, is to drill out the the manifold if necessary &...
  10. Replies
    Views

He prob couldn't be bothered with the extra...

He prob couldn't be bothered with the extra paperwork for an interstate fine.
  11. Replies
    Views

Hahaha that's gold!! Cheers Col

Hahaha that's gold!! Cheers Col
  12. Replies
    Views

Cheers for the comments guys. At this point I...

Cheers for the comments guys.

At this point I should probably mention that I was married once before.......for 10yrs. I was only 20 at the time but after 12 yrs together she decided she wanted to...
  13. Replies
    Views

Bloody hell I feel old saying this yet even in my...

Bloody hell I feel old saying this yet even in my mid 30's I remember the days when I didn't have a mobile. Life was much cheaper & simplified. however I remember feeling like I was part of the "in...
  14. Replies
    Views

It sounds like you have 2 separate issues. 1stly,...

It sounds like you have 2 separate issues. 1stly, your rear diff is worn & has too much backlash, which is why the "slackness" gets taken up when you accellerate. 2ndly the clunk is most likely your...
  15. Thread: Winch needed

by Sharky1
    Replies
    Views

A mate of mine has a smittybilt & I have runva....

A mate of mine has a smittybilt & I have runva. He got his at half price due to a special deal he got but the quality difference between them is huge. You tell just by looking at it. There's no...
  16. Replies
    Views

Sticky: The mrs is moving out tomorrow!!!! By Friday I'll...

The mrs is moving out tomorrow!!!! By Friday I'll prob be even happier
  17. Cheap LED light bar & work light recommendation/review

Due to a blown out budget on my recent rebuild I had to resort to cheap light bar & rear LED work lights. I wanted to spend $500-600 just on the front light bar. Instead I got 1x 25" bar & 2x 7" rear...
  18. Thread: Whoops lol

by Sharky1
    Replies
    Views

Whoops lol

Hi all,

Sorry for the essay. I talk a lot but really what's the point in just posting "Hi, I'm Joel & I have a GU"? It's a bit 'AA meeting' like.

I kinda went ass about here. I started posting...
  19. Replies
    Views

Jurien bay WA last weekend

Hey folks, just thought I'd share a few pics from our camping trip to Jurien Bay & Stockyard caves, an underground river that is dry in summer. The fishing is bloody great. I'm useless with a rod so...
  20. Thread: Y61 td42

by Sharky1
    Replies
    Views

Torque is in 2 stages. Stage 1= 39-44Nm. Stage 2=...

Torque is in 2 stages. Stage 1= 39-44Nm. Stage 2= 59-64Nm.
    Inlet valve clearances are both same & are 0.030-0.040mm (warm engine)
  21. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I didn't look at the link but to save a lot of...

I didn't look at the link but to save a lot of folks from becoming paranoid, I thought I'd shed some actual facts regarding this. I am an ex mechanic although not a diesel mechanic however I do own a...
  22. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Yep, & I just found out that the land will be...

Yep, & I just found out that the land will be developed in the next 18mths as part of some bullcrap gov't scheme to allow low income earners to afford a new house. Like we need more low income...
  23. Replies
    Views

No offense to you WA 489 but that write up is...

No offense to you WA 489 but that write up is complete BULL5HIT!!! lol

Those figures are WAAAAAY out. There is no way on God's green earth that it would cost even half that to do what they...
  24. Replies
    Views

Sticky: It wasn't today but it's on my mind so I'm having...

It wasn't today but it's on my mind so I'm having a rant about it......

Bloody young people in 4x4's........all full of cash & testosterone & no brains. And I'm extra angry because for making me...
  25. Replies
    Views

Yeah I hope so. The clutch isn't right so I won't...

Yeah I hope so. The clutch isn't right so I won't be doing any off road work until I've sorted that & run it in properly. I can't select gears well, especially 1st & 2nd & particularly on the...
Page 1 of 2 1 2