OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

No mate my French is actually very bad but I had...

No mate my French is actually very bad but I had some help from the wife. I actually have been to France quite a few times now and likely to go more in the future so be careful I might hold you to...
  2. Replies
    Views

Damn there is a few raafies here, soon to be ex...

Damn there is a few raafies here, soon to be ex army in a couple of months, done 15 years. A couple of trips to Afghanistan and one to east timor. Had a gutful now, time to go. By the way I still...
  3. Thread: Damn wobbles

by BigMav
    Replies
    Views

Check panhard rod bushes mate this is probably...

Check panhard rod bushes mate this is probably the most common problem. In my case I rebuilt the hubs, New bearings including king pins, New radius arm bushes and new panhard bushes. Costly but each...
  4. Replies
    Views

Xtreme 4x4 sport. He is also a member on here....

Xtreme 4x4 sport. He is also a member on here. www.xtreme4x4sport.com.au

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk 2
  5. Replies
    Views

So got some more pics of progress, here is the...

So got some more pics of progress, here is the new GU box beside the old unit, significantly larger and heavier than the old one. Notice the pitman arm in the GU box drops down a lot lower than in...
  6. Replies
    Views

Well I got the shits with rebuilding the power...

Well I got the shits with rebuilding the power steering box idea and bought myself a GU box off a member from here. I just finished cleaning it up and bolted it on, significant difference in size and...
  7. Replies
    Views

Mate I had the same problem, same stud too, I...

Mate I had the same problem, same stud too, I used an easy out in the end with a lot of heat aswell. A right angle drill if you can get one is great to get in there. Also it probably goes without...
  8. Thread: Grrrr

by BigMav
    Replies
    Views

I live local to you mate so will keep an eye out...

I live local to you mate so will keep an eye out for sure. Bastards.
  9. Replies
    Views

Yep thats why I'm restoring my old girl, I know...

Yep thats why I'm restoring my old girl, I know she will never really drop in value with the demand they have now. There really is nothing out there that is as good for what I want it for. Every new...
  10. Yeah I will use a bit of sheet aluminum or steel...

Yeah I will use a bit of sheet aluminum or steel which will slot underneath the dashboard at the front and some tabs will stick out the back and screw into the existing screws in the vents just...
  11. Final product looks better in the flesh, the pic...

Final product looks better in the flesh, the pic was taken at night and the flash picks up every little mark. Notice my next project in the background on top of the dash.
  12. Time to put it back together with some of this...

Time to put it back together with some of this stuff.

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z466/jonb80/Maverick%20Build%20Photos/IMG_5079.jpg?t=1341392007
  13. Thread: arm rest

by BigMav
    Replies
    Views

Not on hand mate but it looks like any other gq...

Not on hand mate but it looks like any other gq with normal buckets and standard centre console. Just picked it up from the wreckers and bolted it all in. No modifications required.

Sent from my...
  14. Thread: arm rest

by BigMav
    Replies
    Views

yep easy as, I did it to my bench seated...

yep easy as, I did it to my bench seated maverick. You'll need an extra bracket off the passenger seat so make sure you grab that from the donor vehicle. Centre console will just bolt in the existing...
  15. Replies
    Views

Looks good mate, for the sliding part of it can I...

Looks good mate, for the sliding part of it can I suggest strips of nylon instead of the strips of ply you have there. You can lubricate the nylon with beeswax or something similar and would slide a...
  16. Replies
    Views

Yeah you can keep all the electronic traction...

Yeah you can keep all the electronic traction gadgetry but the vacuum diff lock is a nice addition. Not like its a new thing though, there are plenty of dirty old GQ's around with factory vacuum diff...
  17. Replies
    Views

This is a no brainer, to build the toughest...

This is a no brainer, to build the toughest patrol you need an early silver top GQ, add a GU power steer box, GU front diff and then you have created the ultimate patrol. Plus a GQ just looks tougher.
  18. Replies
    Views

You bought a Landcruiser?

My mate made this and put it on facebook. Thought it was worth posting here. Made me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jlQMOaB_BP8
  19. Sticky: Yeah I've been using Firefox since the original...

Yeah I've been using Firefox since the original beta version was released and haven't looked back. I figured it would be something simple and it was. I'd say the extension was probably incompatible...
  20. Replies
    Views

Got some more work done to the Maverick this...

Got some more work done to the Maverick this week. Just finished an automotive aircon course so got to do a bit of work on the car at TAFE. Recovered the old gas, new filter drier, new condensor fan...
  21. Replies
    Views

Thanks mate I'll try and keep it updated as I go...

Thanks mate I'll try and keep it updated as I go and I will take some more pics of already existing mods when I can. The fuse box pictures aren't very exciting but after seeing the same damage on the...
  22. Replies
    Views

Ok I recently fixed my a/c so will try and give...

Ok I recently fixed my a/c so will try and give you some tips for one of my first posts. Firstly you will need a test light or a multimeter. Check things in this order.

1. Is there power at both...
  23. Thread: G'day from FNQ

by BigMav
    Replies
    Views

Wow lot of replies quickly, cheers for the...

Wow lot of replies quickly, cheers for the welcome. I should probably startup a build thread somewhere but here is a couple of pics for starters.