OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Engineering

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

Athol Mullen is the best engineer in the...

Athol Mullen is the best engineer in the Newcastle area. I wouldn't worry about talking to a mechanic, btw I am a mechanic, I'd just contact Athol and ask him so you have it straight from an Engineer.
  2. Replies
    Views

These things get hacked / cracked because people...

These things get hacked / cracked because people want to change things. It is a learning exercise.

I'm pretty certain that is wayyy over my head.
  3. Replies
    Views

Hacking the VK56VD engine ROM.

Today I successfully read the ROM off Pearl's ECU. The file has been uploaded to github so people can assist with hacking it so we can tune our VK56VD engines to their full ability.

This is a...
  4. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

I will, it was posted yesterday, 3 days after...

I will, it was posted yesterday, 3 days after purchase so I doubt it will be here before this weekend but I will have a play with it as soon as I can.

They are expensive and dangerous but I have...
  5. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

I can't help myself. I just bought a Tactrix...

I can't help myself. I just bought a Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 and adaptors so I can try to rip the raw binary file of the ECU ROM.

And my other news for the week, I broke my right hand...
  6. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

I haven't forgotten about this forum just haven't...

I haven't forgotten about this forum just haven't had much time to do devote to the internet.

To sum up the last month with Pearl we have been out a each weekend for a day trip and I have driven...
  7. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

Ladies and Gentlemen please let me introduce...

Ladies and Gentlemen please let me introduce Pearl, my gorgeous Y62.

I did promise pics and here they are.

To say I love this car is an understatement

Today I...
  8. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

Thanks for the well wishes MB I'm staying home...

Thanks for the well wishes MB I'm staying home this holiday so I can work on various projects including Pearl. Actually I haven't had an "away" holiday for 17 years, last time I went away was to 1770...
  9. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

I apologise for my artistic tardiness. I have 2...

I apologise for my artistic tardiness. I have 2 weeks holiday coming up and will try to upload a couple of pics of Pearl in her raw stock as a rock beauty.
  10. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

I have done 1 1/4 mile drag test and heard the...

I have done 1 1/4 mile drag test and heard the induction roar and exhaust rumble making a beautiful cacophony of ICE noise. I actually took my foot off at about 1/8 mile because the steering felt to...
  11. Replies
    Views

On a FB Y62 group Prestige Sheepskin was...

On a FB Y62 group Prestige Sheepskin was recommended https://prestige-sheepskin.com.au/custom-made-genuine-aussie-sheepskin-seat-covers/
  12. Replies
    Views

Sheep skin - Lambs wool seat covers for Y62

Does anyone know who sells sheep skin / lambs wool seat covers that will properly fit a Y62?
  13. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

I live in a rural area but travel through towns...

I live in a rural area but travel through towns and suburbs to get to work. Not alot of stop start traffic but I'm gentle on the throttle on take off anyway because it really doesn't take much to get...
  14. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

Filled Pearl up today and did some quick...

Filled Pearl up today and did some quick calculations. 14.74 litres/100 kms or 19.16 mpg in the old language. I think that's pretty good for what she is. It's a good baseline to start with.
  15. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

I meant to reply to you but forgot, better late...

I meant to reply to you but forgot, better late than never though. I hadn't even considered Android Auto. I'll have a tinker around on the weekend, if it saves me buying a HUD it is probably worth it.
  16. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

I've been tuning cars for years and was able to...

I've been tuning cars for years and was able to get into it because someone taught me how to do it. I live in NSW they live in WA and they could show me how to do it. Tuning EFI cars is not like...
  17. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

No it doesn't it states the allowable difference...

No it doesn't it states the allowable difference between speedo and road speed + a fudge figure. The formula for ADR 18 (as of 2006) for our vehicles is 0 ≤ (V1 – V2) ≤ 0.1 V2 + 4 km/h. V1 is speedo...
  18. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

Took the family for a drive in Pearl today. Over...

Took the family for a drive in Pearl today. Over 3 hours driving around taking my time to get used to driving her. Now I have heard about the inaccuracy of the speedo and to be honest I didn't...
  19. Thread: Michael's V8Y62

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

Michael's V8Y62

Moving away from the Introduction section of the forum here is my thread about my new, to me, car. Pearl, her new name because her paint is Ivory Pearl, is a 2019 Y62 Series 4 Ti with 61k on the...
  20. Thread: G'day

by V8Y62
    Replies
    Views

G'day

G'day
    New member and new Patrol owner. I have literally just purchased (3 hours ago) a Y62. I look forward to learning from everyone here.
    Cheers.
    Michael.