OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I can confirm that with the Y60 Safaris. My 91...

I can confirm that with the Y60 Safaris. My 91 has a full-flow and a bypass filter. My wife's 92 has two full-flow filters. The 92 has no EGR but the 91 has the EGR. I confirmed that 92 was...
  2. Replies
    Views

I ended up doing this. Both of my rad hose were...

I ended up doing this. Both of my rad hose were partially plugged - just allowing drips to come out. If yours is the same, I recommend pulling the rad and having it professionally cleaned. Also,...
  3. Replies
    Views

I am planning to pull mine and have the rockers...

I am planning to pull mine and have the rockers reground this July when i am off work. The rockers have had divits in them since I bought the Safari off an importer. They were never properly...
  4. Replies
    Views

Oh man you are gonna regret that. I am sure it...

Oh man you are gonna regret that. I am sure it is not logged into the female memory hard drive that never breaks down and is instantly retrievable during any argument regardless if it is relevant or...
  5. Replies
    Views

It is a fairly well known issue with the t-case...

It is a fairly well known issue with the t-case and auto hubs using standard 80W90 gear oil. The gear oil caused enough drag to turn the drive shaft and to engage the auto hubs. There are few...
  6. Replies
    Views

Don't mean to yank your chain mate, spin your...

Don't mean to yank your chain mate, spin your belt or put a spanner in your gears, but it is neither. The old TD4.2 only has gears. One of the best things about having a TD4.2.
  7. Personally, I would not do it. I think if you use...

Personally, I would not do it. I think if you use a good oil and maybe every 30,000-40,000 kms do a crank case purge, with a product like Seafoam, you will be fine. Given the compression pressures...
  8. Replies
    Views

I can tell you that a high mount winch will not...

I can tell you that a high mount winch will not fit into a stock Nissan winch bar without making up an adapter plate to move the winch forward. As MudRunner says, the other way a round should be no...
  9. Hi Josh. I am very interested in this and would...

Hi Josh. I am very interested in this and would like to see a Cummins swap thread if you have the time. I know a guy who has done a number of Cummins swaps int Fj40s using Portal axles. These...
  10. Replies
    Views

Sorry about that Putin. It isn't even close to...

Sorry about that Putin. It isn't even close to that of a GQ. Glad Big_Fletch was able to help you. Once you get up to 25 posts, i highly recommend that you download the FSM. All the little tricks...
  11. Replies
    Views

Hi Putin. Welcome to the forum. Make sure you...

Hi Putin. Welcome to the forum. Make sure you do an intro in the introductions section.

I presume it is similar to the Y60. Flip the upper vents down and you will see screw heads. Remove...
  12. Replies
    Views

Picklex works very good on any rust with very...

Picklex works very good on any rust with very little effort. Here is their web site in the US: http://icpi.net/. I am not sure if you can get it where you are. If not, this is their US online...
  13. Replies
    Views

Hydraulic Steering Hose Clamps

Just a heads up recommending you check your steering hydraulic rubber line clamps. Had to change out an AC idler bearing and water pump on the wife's Y60 Safari a couple days ago and found that every...
  14. Thread: Harsh comments

by canuck
    Replies
    Views

AB, some people think the world owes them...

AB, some people think the world owes them everything in their hand without having to do anything. I hope you banned him and told him to go buy a Land Rover.
  15. I also had a bunch of power failures one night a...

I also had a bunch of power failures one night a few winters ago. When I pulled the fuse box cover on the side of the road, I noticed it was wet. I ran my hand up along the window seal and sure...
  16. Replies
    Views

It is likely the rear inner oil wheel wheel...

It is likely the rear inner oil wheel wheel bearing seal. The left-hand side tends to go more often. I did mine last March with the help of a neighbor, Alex, who is a retired mechanic. We changed...
  17. Thread: Engine runs on

by canuck
    Replies
    Views

I've had that on my rig. The solution was a 4x...

I've had that on my rig. The solution was a 4x normal dose of injector cleaner. Not sure if it was a gummed up fuel cut off valve or a gummed up injector. But that fuel system snake oil seemed to...