OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Conversation Between Sprock and VK2FMIA

5 Visitor Messages

1. Yeah, the pins are on the underside, only have to take the top & bottom covers off to get to it. There are four in a row & one below the row. Pretty easy to spot. Trying to get the solder off might be a bit hard, but with a little patience it should be ok. Haven`t got a pic of the underside but if you get stuck let me know & I`ll take one & mark the pins for you.
  2. I havnt pulled the radio out / apart yet so this may become obvious but I assume I unsolder the pins on the underside of the circuit board ? ( showing my ignorance here )
  3. Thanks again mate 👍🏼
  4. G`day Sprock. Sounds like the same problem. Pretty easy to swap the part out. There are 5 pins to unsolder to replace the part. Iv`e added the link to the component - http://www.minikits.com.au/LTW455D?search=33-455

They take PayPal & takes about a week to arrive.

Good luck!
  5. Hi mate , I have a Uniden OH015SX that plays up intermittently, shows full signal strength when someone is talking but it goes quiet , just saw you post , where can I look up the part you used & is it a straight forward job to replace ? The 2 blokes around Traralgon that used to repair radios don't anymore so I'm on my own - or buy a new 1 . I have no problem soldering wires for lights etc but is this more technical? Pardon my ignorance.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5