OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Conversation Between rkinsey and jurdy93

11 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. sorry for the delay in response
    that's not gone very well at all mate im a diesel mechanic a rebuild is really not that hard would be willing to have a look if you like...
    bad part is if its warped the head its dear to replace almost f*$k mine up
    hope you and the family all the best for the Christmas season and new year
  2. In the mean time, I have done some research and have found a reasonable engine re-builder here in Sydney that will rebuild the RD28T from the ground up as well as rebuild the fuel pump and new injectors for around $6000.00

I will replace the radiator with a high capacity aluminium unit for about $700.00 (I have already got all new hoses and thermostat housings which weren't cheap)

That will get me back on the road again. Just need a bit more time to gather the money together is all.
  3. Hey Jurdy,

I took it to a mechanic to have the rocker cover gasket replaced as it was leaking oil and do a pre Christmas check which came back OK. I drove it to work the next day and it had lost all power and nearly overheated (No coolant)

Towed it back to the mechanic and he claims he cant find anything wrong with it. This all cost me $400.00!

I then took it to Western Diesel and they had it for a week and gave me a full report on what they found wrong with it which included an engine rebuild and they quoted me $12000.00 just for that. I politely declined their offer and decided to take it off the road while I figure out what to do with it.

I bought a Ford Explorer for $1800.00 and have spent about $2000.00 fixing it up and it is now a capable vehicle and will take me and the family camping this Christmas and all next year.
  4. Hey rob going good these days what happen the the gq?
  5. G'day Jurdy. Im doing ok for now, how about you?

I had to take the Patrol off the road last December so I can rebuild the motor which will happen next year. Im just getting all the parts together before I start.

Cheers,

Rob
  6. Hi rob how have you been havent been I havent been on in a while?
  7. Hi Jurdy,

I have had to put the snorkel on hold for a bit. Our house renovations have been delayed.

I'll let you know how I go though.

I did a bit more research and it looks like I have to change the Air fillter box out.

Cheers,

Rob
  8. hi rob i was just wrighting to see how u went with the snorkel???
    hope all is well jurdy
  9. Thanks Jurdy. I saw it this morning. Thanks for that.

Looks like I am going to go with the Safari snorkel in Feb http://safarisnorkel.com/snorkel/ss14hf/ss14hf.htm

I'll put up a "DIY" instruction when I do.
  10. just letting you know i left some info for u on the post
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast