OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Conversation Between Yendor and the ferret

3 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Rodney, Quick question, there are two terminals one large and one small on the Lucas 12v genny I have picked up.
    It was working on the car. what terminal do I use for power outlet once the thing is earthed?
    Where would I find info on how to hook up a regulator? and will I need a rectifier to prevent the genny running as a motor once the battery is full?
    I can send you a pic, but I'm sure you would have worked on these thousands of times.
    Cheers, Rod.
  2. Rodney, Hi Mate, Brain pick on the way lol
    Ok, wanna build a wind powered gen set, to charge a couple of N70 Z's, to power the workshop lights (leds)
    Altenator is too hard to turn so want to use an old Lucas generator off say a hillman or holden etc.
    I know I will need a reg and a wind pressure on/off switch and a swivel with brushes to suit wind direction.
    I also know the output would be around 15amps, but where I live is plenty windy and could charge all night ready for work tomorrow.
    If I can set it up, I would possibly post it on the forums as a DIY and maybe sell a few.
  3. Rodney, Hi Mate, Brain pick on the way lol
    Ok, wanna build a wind powered gen set, to charge a couple of N70 Z's, to power the workshop lights (leds)
    Altenator is too hard to turn so want to use an old Lucas generator off say a hillman or holden etc.
    I know I will need a reg and a wind pressure on/off switch and a swivel with brushes to suit wind direction.
    I also know the output would be around 15amps, but where I live is plenty windy and could charge all night ready for work tomorrow.
    If I can set it up, I would possibly post it on the forums as a DIY and maybe sell a few.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3