PDA

View Full Version : Under tray water tanks?

gnardogg
29th March 2012, 07:11 PM
Who does under tray water tanks? are they custom made or? help!

fxst06
29th March 2012, 07:27 PM
http://www.poly.net.au/shop/vehicle-rv-4x4/water.html
try this but not sure what there like

nissannewby
30th March 2012, 05:27 PM
The mrs has one under her GQ that we have been looking at getting rid of if your interested its a plastic tank and they are pretty sturdy.

Winnie
30th March 2012, 06:38 PM
The mrs has one under her GQ that we have been looking at getting rid of if your interested its a plastic tank and they are pretty sturdy.

Would that fit as well as a long range fuel tank?

nissannewby
31st March 2012, 12:59 AM
Yeah it is mounted to the tray right in the middle towards the front is maybe 200 deep so still leaves plenty of room.

madk1w1
2nd April 2012, 09:29 AM
Rota mouldings, in Perth, make all shapes and sizes, they will also add what ever outlet you want, I have an 85L one under ute.
Gnardogg what is your location, would be helpful for those trying to help you

gnardogg
23rd April 2012, 06:12 PM
im located just out of adelaide on the yorke peninsula! so far ebay has been the maain place ive been looking but hard to tell whats gonna fit!

97_gq_lwb
23rd April 2012, 08:55 PM
Their is one on the rear of a ute i have here it is just a large pipe capped off across the back with a tap fitted into it if space is an issue .
I can take pics if anyone wants to see how it's been done.

dsmith
31st July 2012, 09:18 PM
Their is one on the rear of a ute i have here it is just a large pipe capped off across the back with a tap fitted into it if space is an issue .
I can take pics if anyone wants to see how it's been done.

Pics would be good mate. I've had a look at mine for doing the same thing, I don't have a genuine tray and I suspect mine sits lower because I wouldn't be able to fit a 5" pipe under it.

97_gq_lwb
31st July 2012, 09:24 PM
It's gone i give it to a mate on sunday

Chris88
8th August 2012, 08:43 PM
I'm a plumber by trade I just used some left over 6" pipe to caps the width of my tray it's mounted under the rear if you are going to make one your self I aded 2 taps one at the bottom of the cap one passenger said and one at the top of the cab driver side idea is you have air flow in from one more flow of water out of your lower tap still toying with the idea of connecting my my compressor to it to build up water pressure