PDA

View Full Version : Whats there to see in SE NSW, need help?

Hoges
17th September 2010, 08:35 PM
Hello everyone,

Have just upgraded my 89 Nissan patrol GQ 4.2l petrol, to a 93 Nissan Patrol GQ 4.2l turbo diesel/gas. Have just bought my new rig as its completely setup to go, am new to this site and am completely addicted. I arrive in Sydney this sunday from SA and plan on heading down south along the coast to Merimbula for the night, then inland somewhere and work my way up to Canberra. Can someone give me some scenic routes to take from Merimbula inland and work my way up to Canberra then to Tumut.

Cheers
Hoges

AB
17th September 2010, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Hoges, just shot you an email as we had issues when you signed up but your ok to download now.

As for your trip planned We have a very keen Canberian member who I'm sure will point out some places around ACT soon.

Enjoy the forum mate.

Hoges
17th September 2010, 08:58 PM
Cheers,

look forward to the canberians local knowledge

Hoges

patch697
17th September 2010, 09:32 PM
Welcome on board mate

We nave a few members here from NSW so Im sure someone can help you here.

AB
17th September 2010, 09:43 PM
Just realised Kris is on holidays...lol....He would have been in his element to help Hoges in ACT....Sorry mate!

DX grunt
18th September 2010, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your upgrade.

Plenty to read and add too.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Maxhead
19th September 2010, 05:15 PM
Hey Hoges, welcome mate.

Pm sent

rkinsey
20th September 2010, 12:59 AM
Hi Hoges,

NSW, VIC and SA have a huge amount of places to see and explore.

I havnt explored the Snowies yet but I can tell you that VIC as some great places to see like Dartmouth Dam, Bright (Hops festival), Beechworth (Great Pies) just to name a few.

From Merimbula you coiuld go to Jindabyne and from there make your way to Corryong. then from there to Tallangatta and follow the Hume Weir to Wodonga (takes you through the national park). There is some fantastic country in that trip.

To get to Tumut from Merimbula have a look at this link on Google maps http://goo.gl/maps/gza4

To get to Tumut via Canberra try this one http://goo.gl/maps/byAE

Here is a website I frequent a lot. http://www.exploroz.com/default.aspx but mostly I look at Google Maps and you can get a fairly good Idea on how to get to places. Finding out whats there to see, well, you just have to go there to find out. Thats half the fun of the trip!!

In most of my travels accross Australia in the past 25 years I have mostly just picked a road and followed to where it went. Found lots of little out of the way places.

Cheers,

Rob

Woof
20th September 2010, 08:02 PM
Welcome mate, enjoy the forum

Hoges
22nd September 2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks for that, merimbula to jindabyne then over the snowys past thredbo, threw my first snow ball or more like ice ball at a Japanese tourist, poor bugger must hurt, then to Corryong. BLOODY awesome, and so was the bakery at Corryong, highly recommend them, i think it was called Hoggys Bakery. The farming country through Corryong to Wodonga and even up to Kerang way dont look to shabby as well.

AB
22nd September 2010, 09:38 PM
Sounds like a trip and a half mate!

If you see any good spots or sites please take some happy snaps and post them up here when you get back!