PDA

View Full Version : auto tb42 radiator

tasshane
17th September 2010, 06:12 PM
G,day all i took out my radiator to clean it and replace the drive belts and im not sure if i hooked up the oil hoses in there right spot on the radiator, since putting it all back together she blowing heaps of blue smoke and running really rough, could putting the oil lines on the wrong way cause this?

XLR8
17th September 2010, 07:51 PM
The length of the lines should mean they will only go back on the way they came off. Considering the coolant and trans fluid run in seperate chambers of the rad and don't enter the cylinders (under normal circumstances anyway) it shouldn't effect the running at all.

It's very odd that you should be experiencing a problem though after only changing the belts. Are you sure you haven't knocked any wires off in the process?

Blue smoke is usually an indicator of worn rings or valve stem seals but combined with rough running could be a head gasket. Check the oil filler cap for milky residue indicating the oil and coolant have mixed.

It's highly unlikey this is your issue, just something to keep in mind, the internal trans coolers inside the radiator are prone to rotting and are often not replaced in a recon due to new ones not being available for the Q. This can lead to the coolant mixing with the trans fluid which could spell disaster for the trans, easily checked by looking at the coolant or trans fluid on the dipstick.

tasshane
17th September 2010, 09:28 PM
thanks mate ill check the wires tomorow, the plugs are really black to and i took the cap of the dizzy and there was some moisture in there i dried it and it ran better for a few minutes, it is strange was running fine before i took out the radiator

Woof
17th September 2010, 09:31 PM
Probably a stupid question but did you put coolant back in the radiator.

tasshane
17th September 2010, 09:47 PM
yes replaced the coolant, and topped up tranny fluid wich looked fine

bender84
18th September 2010, 02:53 AM
i think that you confused the lines but am not too sure