PDA

View Full Version : where did all the new posts dissappear 2????

NissanGQ4.2
16th September 2010, 06:12 PM
Andy have you done something or is my computer just trying to do my head in????

AB
16th September 2010, 08:32 PM
I actually had a huge error today which made my heart drop when I was trying to modify the files to get the members map things going.

What do you mean by "the new posts dissapear 2?????

I think i may have made a huge stuff up...not sure yet???

NissanGQ4.2
16th September 2010, 08:48 PM
I actually had a huge error today which made my heart drop when I was trying to modify the files to get the members map things going.

What do you mean by "the new posts dissapear 2?????

I think i may have made a huge stuff up...not sure yet???

Bloody members and there member map!!!!! Sorry to hear Andy......it would of my made my heart drop to if something like that happening 2 me. It still makes me laugh how many people i speak with that don't or vary rarely back up there data and then say my computer crashed and i lost everything.

Usually there is a few pages of new post. this arvo, i got a page with no new post on it, was just blank with the message no new posts. they are only starting to come back now as people add to previous post or make new ones.

You didn't make a huge stuff up Andy..... it was the computers fault.....its always the computers fault *L*

AB
16th September 2010, 09:14 PM
No probs, I uploaded a new page today with the members map embedded into the forum and I had to overwrite a lot of the existing files and manipulate them for this to work.

Well, it didnt work and the entire forum crashed and no one could post anything and jargon was all over the forum.

I freaked out as you can imagine and then had to try and restore all of the existing files so I'm glad to hear that mate...lol

patch697
17th September 2010, 12:30 AM
Sh!t old mate thats cutting it thin. Glad its all back to normal & you will have to tell me about this one when next we speak.....

Finly Owner
17th September 2010, 12:32 AM
Bloody Tim and his bright ideas............................................. ...................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxhead
17th September 2010, 06:29 AM
AAAhhhh, where would we be without computer crashes.....

probably using Linux

patch697
17th September 2010, 09:35 AM
AAAhhhh, where would we be without computer crashes.....

probably using Linux

I do on my server.............lol