Chasing the knob for the hand throttle if anyone has a spare one

Cheers

Ross

iansmqshotyy
6th April 2012, 12:55 AM
what model? i have one in my mk spare..

TJsGQ
7th January 2013, 06:33 PM
Think ive found one does any one have a picture as mine has broken too..!

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2013, 07:05 PM
Mine keeps slipping off and it shits me.... bloody hard to get back on!!!

Rustyboner81
7th January 2013, 07:48 PM
i just put new one on. like $8 from nissan.
press the gas peddle right down, pull the lever out and put vice grips on it. push thr knob right on and turn anti clockwise a quarter turn and release.

if it wont go on then rooted... but very cheap

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2013, 07:51 PM
Thanks... I do get it back on but when I go to set it again when airing up it comes off in my hand and then I do the little crack a wobbly dance!!!!

Rustyboner81
7th January 2013, 08:23 PM
just wanna make sure caz i thought i couldnt get my brand spanker on so i left it in center console for about a month.

then i realised to keep it on i needed to push it past its latch point and turn it counter clockwise to lock it on. its been sweet for me since.

:):beer:

Rustyboner81
7th January 2013, 10:05 PM
221 views of this post.....hmmmm is that caz its got knob in the title...and hand......and throttle hehehehe stop it dont be dirty

Bigrig
7th January 2013, 11:04 PM
I have a stuffed one on the lads ute also ... I'm going to the wreckers on Friday, so I'll see if I can get two.

Rustyboner81
7th January 2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks... I do get it back on but when I go to set it again when airing up it comes off in my hand and then I do the little crack a wobbly dance!!!!

hahahahahaha

happygu
7th January 2013, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't even bother going to the wreckers for $8......

Bigrig
8th January 2013, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't even bother going to the wreckers for $8......

Too true - missed that price ... but still need to go to the wreckers.

I'll grab a new one from Nissan if they're that cheap.

MC97GQ
8th January 2013, 12:47 PM
Hey guys,

if you still have trouble with it coming off whilst using the knob, when you put it back on put a little bit of Araldite in the hole before reassembly, worked a treat with mine.

Mark

BigRAWesty
8th January 2013, 02:10 PM
Have you guys got a part number? The local nissan dealer this I'm a wank going on about a hand throttle hold knob.
Shows how much he knows...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MC97GQ
8th January 2013, 02:12 PM
Mate give him a miss,

Contact Garry at Nizzbits, he'll probably be cheaper and you won't get any attitude.

Mark

Rustyboner81
8th January 2013, 02:26 PM
manual idle adjuster. dont have part number.
i just went in with vin number and explained where it was.
they brought it up on the computer screen i pointed to the part and it was done.

total nissan in cannington WA have never been anything other than helpfull and professional.