PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild literature

Radmobile
22nd March 2012, 10:27 PM
Taking my time Rebuilding my rd28 spare engine (removed from timing belt death) Anyone knowa aNy good books for rebuilding diesels? :D

Planning on a few upgrades n mods. Happy to share the process with the community !

If all goes well I should get some good numbers from er.

Planning on 3" exhaust, bigger turbo, modified pump, 3 core radiator, and powerchip.

Should go reasonably well!

Cheerio!

Bigrig
23rd March 2012, 12:55 AM
MR Google is the only place I could think to start looking mate - hopefully others will have some better ideas than me!!

White Elephant
23rd March 2012, 01:06 PM
G'day Radmobile. I recently rebuilt my RD28T using the Gregory's workshop Manual as a reference. I'm pretty sure the RD28, and RD28T are basically the same motor. I could be wrong? Regardless, I'm pretty sure you would be able to pick one up at Supercheap or any auto store really. If they don't have it off the shelf they should be able to order one in. Just make sure you get the one with the 2.8 supplement. Hope this helps. Have fun with the rebuild!

lachiek
23rd March 2012, 02:52 PM
Hey mate, the Gregory's is ok but I reckon you'd need a fair bit of background knowledge to use it as the only reference. I bought this service manual on CD a while back and it is pretty good. A lot more comprehensive than Gregory's.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GU-Y61-1997-2011-Workshop-Service-REPAIR-Manual-Safari-Seranza-/220980549851?pt=AU_Clothing_Merchandise_Media&hash=item33737798db#ht_5409wt_1139

Keen to hear how the rebuild goes.

Cheers, Lachie

Radmobile
24th March 2012, 09:52 PM
Sweet thanks, just grabbed a digital copy for the iPad!

U guys going to love day? It's just down the road from me here in mildura. How many from the forum usually make the trip?

lachiek
27th March 2012, 05:32 PM
I'm gonna get along to one of these as soon as I can but can't make this one.

Let us know how it goes if you make it. Oh and good luck with the rebuild.