PDA

View Full Version : GU 2.8td hot start problem

MrAz
22nd March 2012, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone. Have a couple of questions which have probably been spoken about before but couldnt really find a clear answer on here. Firstly my car is a bit hard to start when its warm.just cranks over but doesnt fire. Ive heard theres a pump modification but again not clear on this.
Secondly.What is the butterfly after the intercooler for and can i remove it for better flow.

Radmobile
22nd March 2012, 10:12 PM
Deuso or deuno aah I can't remember, I'll have a look if I can find where I wrote it down but ere is. $50 part Nissan won't tell u about and it's a pretty simple mod. Fixes the hot start problem no worries. Anyone else know what I'm on about? I'll find it for ya if no one picks it up

robbo0001
22nd March 2012, 10:14 PM
My understanding is that Nissan sell a thicker injector pump spacer, that fixes the hot start issue....Apparently a common issue, but not one that I have (yet encountered).
I was told about this while researching the 2.8TD...a cheap and simpple fix (which is damn good, for a Nissan)
Thats the first place I would look at, for hot start faults.

Butterfly regulates air flow/volume to the intake plenum, from the turbo and intercooler. A lot have people have removed it (including myself)....no adverse effects on our vehicle to date.
Did it the same time I cleaned the EGR crud out of the whole air intake system, and blocked the EGR.
There are a few threads available for the process of removeing it....(sorry, having dramas posting a link)

Cheers

MrAz
22nd March 2012, 10:25 PM
Thanks heaps guys. I found some info relating to the pump but dont know how to put links in. The part numbers are as follows.
O-Ring 16826V0700 (Nissan part number) But also apparently a worldwide Denso number.
Cover plate 0962180901AU (Nissan Australia part number)
0962181030 (Denso part number)
Apparently this is the certified factory nissan fix to fit these parts.

Radmobile
23rd March 2012, 07:56 AM
Denso that's it u found it :D

patrol2.8
23rd March 2012, 07:09 PM
Havea look here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?7013-Gu-2.8-hot-start-issue ive recently fixed my hot start problem and posted some pics how to do it hope it helps

robbo0001
23rd March 2012, 10:46 PM
Sweet.....this is one fault I (sort of) look forward to fixing.
Its a known fault...and the part is readily available, cheap, and should be pretty easy to DIY. (at least its a starting point,for fault finding)
Thanks for the part numbers MrAZ...greatfully recorded, for my future reference:thumbup:
Cheers

General
6th November 2016, 09:30 PM
TRied it, and it worked mint straight away. fix this first.

The advance plate and oring sorted it in 5 mins.

i can send you a pm with a pic if ya need the difference is easy to spot. no more issues

Fav84_2040
5th December 2016, 11:03 AM
Hello General,

I have been trying to fix this issue for months, please help me!

I need to find the parts and learn how to replace them, do you happen to know the part numbers?

Cheers from Costa Rica

Fabian