PDA

View Full Version : Another New Guy

Jimbus Maximus
15th September 2010, 10:16 PM
Hi everybody,
My name is Jim and after much contemplation (read procrastination), I have finally bit the bullet and signed up. I have owned a couple of Patrols, the first was an 88 GQ 4.2 diesel wagon that I had for 8 years which I traded for the current one, a GU wagon with a 2.8 diesel. Please contain the laughter while I admit that I had landrovers before that! Anyway, the reason for me hunting around on the interweb and locating this forum is that I have a need for more grunt for towing a largish boat long distances, and would really appreciate any advice or tips that anybody may have.
I look forward to your comments and hope that I may also have something useful to contribute along the way.
Thanks
Jimbus

AB
15th September 2010, 10:21 PM
Welcome Jimbus, glad you bit the bullet mate.

You may want to post the question in the general chat section as more 2.8 owners who may have done similar works will see your question there more than here.

Enjoy!

Woof
15th September 2010, 10:27 PM
Welcome Jimbus, enjoy the forum mate

Finly Owner
15th September 2010, 10:28 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans nut house. Glad to have another QLD'er on board.
Looking forward to getting a meet together for all of us.

Tim

patch697
15th September 2010, 10:33 PM
G/day Jimbus & welcome to the forum.

theirs lots of info on here that will surely be of some help to you & plenty of ppl who are more than willing to help as well so enjoy the forum & keep us posted.

Cheers
Paul

RustyNails
15th September 2010, 11:29 PM
Welcome Jim
Another GU 2.8, going to have enough for our own club soon.

Paul

DX grunt
15th September 2010, 11:46 PM
G'day Jimbus.

Welcome to the forum. Great to have you finally sign up. Lots to read and learn. We also value your contributions.

I have to look at a Tojo with a "Nissan Recovery Vehicle" sticker - every day. I'm nearly ready to challenge him to a 'bog off'
lolololol

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Russell1974
15th September 2010, 11:51 PM
hey mate welcome to the forum

Maxhead
17th September 2010, 06:15 AM
G'Day Jimbus, welcome mate