PDA

View Full Version : TB42 Misfire at 100km on freeway

sestic
21st March 2012, 11:03 PM
Hey fellas,

Got myself a 91 TB42 petrol and gas.
Tried everything to fix this issue, driving along on the freeway at 100km or so cruising the car will misfire intermediately on petrol and gas, but it wont do it unless on the freeway. I have changed plugs, leads, tuned both petrol and gas mixtures, tappets, rotor and cap replaced. Its got an electronic ignition coil system. And I am stumped. Any ideas?

Don't hesitate to call either 0424 199 026.

Thanks Tom

97_gq_lwb
21st March 2012, 11:13 PM
The noise supressor can cause problems try disconnecting it.

Robo
22nd March 2012, 11:56 PM
Ballast resistor.
Tracking under dissy cap.
check wiring in dissy not faulty.
idle compensator opening.
coil breaking down.
What coil are you running?.
cheap leads.
miss-handled carbon leads.
champion plugs are Rubbish.

Bigrig
23rd March 2012, 12:30 AM
Hey fellas,

Tried everything to fix this issue, driving along on the freeway at 100km or so cruising the car will misfire intermediately on petrol and gas, but it wont do it unless on the freeway. I have changed plugs, leads, tuned both petrol and gas mixtures, tappets, rotor and cap replaced. Its got an electronic ignition coil system. And I am stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks Tom

Hey mate

Hope someone can pinpoint the issue for you, but in the meantime, how about slipping over to the introductions section and throwing up some info about yourself and your rig. No harm done boss, but something we ask for prior to posting questions etc.

Helps people know who they're yakking with as a general courtesy and generally speaking also, you'll get a better overall response.

That said, hope you hang around mate and welcome aboard!!!

45/70
23rd March 2012, 03:26 PM
Hey fellas,

Thanks Tom

Had the same prob years ago Tom with an XD Falcon.
I also changed every thing you mentioned but still had bad miss fire at highway speeds.
In the end it turned out to be a heater hose.
When I would get up a bit of speed the heater hose would move back slightly {due to more air coming threw the grill} and a tiny pin hole in the hose would open up and squirt coolant on my Dizzy.
This may sound like a long shot pal, but get your truck up to running temp and try moving your hoses.

good luck

Paul.