PDA

View Full Version : Improving Engine Reliabiltity for a GUIII 3.0LT Patrol

Bigl_40
15th September 2010, 02:14 PM
I'm only new here i'm after some advice on whether i'm on the right track?
I've got a 2003 Nissan Patrol i've had for a year now.I'm going to do some modifications/improvements on the motor itself.
1. Fitting a Provent 200 Filter as i've found light misting of oil on the air filter.

2. Clean the MAF senser with Contact Cleaner (CRC) and possibly the intercooler/ pipes as well. ( If they need it) As th oily mist will upset readings to the ECU causing the motor to overboost etc

3.Waiting for EGT Gauge to arrive.
Fitting the Probe 1"-2' past the turbo and welding in the bung in the exhaust pipe

4.Fitting a boost gauge as well, probe to be welded in the intercooler pipe, i going try to put my probe after the intercooler, does it matter for placement of the probe before or after the intercooler?

5.Using a Dawes valve on the boost to limit the amount of Boost,max boost 18-19 psi and is there need for a spool valve to regulate the Spool rate of boost?
Can someone explain where to put this Dawes valve and what and where to plumb to and from?

6. After these mods are done, down the track i'll be blocking the EGR Valve off to save chocking of the inlet manifold,etc.

So if there is anyone out there to say there's a better way by all means let me know.
As they are a great car for towing and relatively not to excessive on fuel ecomony.
I'm doing these improvements so i can monitor the motor behavior and reducing the chance of it falling on me.

Bigl_40