PDA

View Full Version : Back saver.

the ferret
20th March 2012, 11:02 PM
I made one of these for my GQ when I had it.
Makes it so much ezier to lift the spare and locate it.
Just dump the wheel on and rotate it till the studs line up.
Just a bit of 3inch pipe, a small piece of 1/8 plate and two 8mm bolts.
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/P1010354.jpg

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 11:09 PM
How much? I want one!!!! lmao

the ferret
20th March 2012, 11:20 PM
How much? I want one!!!! lmao

I'm not making them Scotty, I did make a few but had to charge about $30 plus postage, wasn't a big seller, I don't think people could see how much easier it was to hang the spare up.
Those that did get one thought it was great.
I'll have a look and see if I have any pipe mate.
Cheers, the ferret.

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 11:22 PM
I'm not making them Scotty, I did make a few but had to charge about $30 plus postage, wasn't a big seller, I don't think people could see how much easier it was to hang the spare up.
Those that did get one thought it was great.
I'll have a look and see if I have any pipe mate.
Cheers, the ferret.

If you do, and it's not too much effort, I'm up for one for certain ... happy to pay, happy to pay freight ... figure it's got to take pressure off the studs also if it sits fairly neatly on on that plate ...

Clunk
20th March 2012, 11:25 PM
Hey Ferret, I'd be up for one also....... I have no practical no how

the ferret
20th March 2012, 11:33 PM
If you do, and it's not too much effort, I'm up for one for certain ... happy to pay, happy to pay freight ... figure it's got to take pressure off the studs also if it sits fairly neatly on on that plate ...

Yeah, you put it in position with the wheel on, then mark the two holes.
The wheel sits on the pipe, just rotate the wheel so the studs line up and push it on.
With the GQ as you know, you have to take the weight of the wheel and juggle it onto the studs. (A 33 is about 35kgs)
The GQ was the only Nissan that didn't come out with it.
Cheers, the ferret
PS, I didn't post this up to try and sell them, I have enough to do!! anyone with a welder and an angle grinder can knock one up in no time. there is no rocket science involved lol
Cheers, the ferret

the ferret
20th March 2012, 11:36 PM
Hey Ferret, I'd be up for one also....... I have no practical no how

How can I trust you to drill two 9mm holes in the right spot then??
Cheers, the ferret.

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah, you put it in position with the wheel on, then mark the two holes.
The wheel sits on the pipe, just rotate the wheel so the studs line up and push it on.
With the GQ as you know, you have to take the weight of the wheel and juggle it onto the studs. (A 33 is about 35kgs)
The GQ was the only Nissan that didn't come out with it.
Cheers, the ferret
PS, I didn't post this up to try and sell them, I have enough to do!! anyone with a welder and an angle grinder can knock one up in no time. there is no rocket science involved lol
Cheers, the ferret

I have a welder, I have an angle grinder ...

But you're not paying attention ... I'm hopeless!!!! lmao

I'll have one if you have the gear, and have the inclination mate!! Absolutely no drama if no to both and/or either!!!

Clunk
20th March 2012, 11:40 PM
How can I trust you to drill two 9mm holes in the right spot then??
Cheers, the ferret.

Ummmmmmm that's a very good point you have there mate!!!!!!

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 11:42 PM
Ummmmmmm that's a very good point you have there mate!!!!!!

Haha ... what's this "drilling" business you're talking about??? lmao

Clunk
20th March 2012, 11:48 PM
What's wrong with some double sided sticky tape???

the ferret
20th March 2012, 11:55 PM
There are already two holes in the new plate, just hold it up there, mark the holes in the wheel carrier with a pencil, centre pop, then drill 4mm and then 9mm.
You could go down to the local kindergarten and get one of the little kids to drill it for you LOL
Cheers, the ferret.

the ferret
20th March 2012, 11:57 PM
What's wrong with some double sided sticky tape???

Ha, save on bolts too!!

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 11:57 PM
There are already two holes in the new plate, just hold it up there, mark the holes in the wheel carrier with a pencil, centre pop, then drill 4mm and then 9mm.
You could go down to the local kindergarten and get one of the little kids to drill it for you LOL
Cheers, the ferret.

Crikey ... might have to, that sounds bloody complicated!!!! lmao

Clunk
21st March 2012, 12:01 AM
Ha, save on bolts too!!

Oh bloody hell man, first drills, now bolts, what are you trying to do to me mate!!!!!?????? Talk about confusion lol

Bigrig
21st March 2012, 12:06 AM
Oh bloody hell man, first drills, now bolts, what are you trying to do to me mate!!!!!?????? Talk about confusion lol

I'm with you brother!! It's a conspiracy to make us look 'less than average' and I personally don't like it!!!!

LMFAO!!

the ferret
21st March 2012, 12:08 AM

Righto, I'll send a packet of holes with each one then lol.
Cheers, the ferret.

PS, So if anyone wants one, I can make a batch, but need a few to be worth while buying some pipe.
Just PM your details to me and we'll take it from there.
This is not going to be an on going thing I might add.

Bigrig
21st March 2012, 12:24 AM
Bugger PM's - stick it up here for all to see and make Rod's effort worthwhile!!!

I'm a hard man aren't I??? Grrrrr !!!!! lmao

I'll have two actually, as I know of at least one other clown on here who could use one ... (yes Dhuck, you!!!! Lol).

So that's three thus far ... it's late at night, so not expecting much response now, but others????

Clunk
21st March 2012, 12:26 AM
Pm sent, so I'm still in

MudRunnerTD
21st March 2012, 12:27 AM
My GUIV already has something to rest it on but the GQ does not and is a Dog with a 35 in your hand. Damn!

How much are you looking at Rod? I'd be keen i reckon, But really would need that extra bag of Holes, that was the Deal Sealer for me. Done!

Silver
21st March 2012, 12:32 AM
Righto, I'll send a packet of holes with each one then lol.
Cheers, the ferret.

PS, So if anyone wants one, I can make a batch, but need a few to be worth while buying some pipe.
Just PM your details to me and we'll take it from there.
This is not going to be an on going thing I might add.

Make the pipe fitting follow the circumference a bit more, to add some protection, and sell a round wide beam LED worklight to complement it, as a reversing light.

Bigrig
21st March 2012, 12:34 AM
Make the pipe fitting follow the circumference a bit more, to add some protection, and sell a round wide beam LED worklight to complement it, as a reversing light.

Oh, good to see you got your marketing manager working us over too Rod!!!!!! lmao

Couldn't help myself Rick!!!!! lol

the ferret
21st March 2012, 12:40 AM
My GUIV already has something to rest it on but the GQ does not and is a Dog with a 35 in your hand. Damn!

How much are you looking at Rod? I'd be keen i reckon, But really would need that extra bag of Holes, that was the Deal Sealer for me. Done!

Metric or imperial holes?? PM sent.

cliff
21st March 2012, 12:41 AM
I like it, can I use it??

the ferret
21st March 2012, 12:50 AM
Lol, I'm not going into production, Yez can make the darn thing ya selves, it's just that some on here are pretty thick by the sounds of it and ya need ta hold their hand lol (notice the lol)
They could be made bigger and to take a light, but honestly I have heaps to do without changing stuff.
Good thought tho.
Cheers, the ferret.

Silver
21st March 2012, 12:52 AM
Oh, good to see you got your marketing manager working us over too Rod!!!!!! lmao

Couldn't help myself Rick!!!!! lol

well, Scotty, you've seen the one I made for Silver which is a tube and was made from a bit of exhaust the local blokes expanded out for me to be snug on the light but still fit inside the rim. I welded it to the bracket.

Ferret's is a bit neater than mine, and with the right LED would allow more spread from the right light :-)

On top of that, Scotty, you know where I work, so you'll forgive me if I let my limited entrepreunerial (did I spell that right?) flair and creativity off the leash now and then :-)

Rick

Clunk
21st March 2012, 12:58 AM
Lol, I'm not going into production, Yez can make the darn thing ya selves, it's just that some on here are pretty thick by the sounds of it and ya need ta hold their hand lol (notice the lol)
They could be made bigger and to take a light, but honestly I have heaps to do without changing stuff.
Good thought tho.
Cheers, the ferret.

Not thick old bean, just have limited practical abilities lol........

the ferret
21st March 2012, 12:59 AM
I like it, can I use it??
If You have a GQ, then , yes you can use it.
If you want one , send me a pm with your name and address.
Cheers, the ferret.

the ferret
21st March 2012, 01:10 AM
Ummmmmm, thick not the best choice of words eh?? Hope no ones offended, Oh S%$t.
All my love, Rod. (lol)

Bigrig
21st March 2012, 01:22 AM
well, Scotty, you've seen the one I made for Silver which is a tube and was made from a bit of exhaust the local blokes expanded out for me to be snug on the light but still fit inside the rim. I welded it to the bracket.

Ferret's is a bit neater than mine, and with the right LED would allow more spread from the right light :-)

On top of that, Scotty, you know where I work, so you'll forgive me if I let my limited entrepreunerial (did I spell that right?) flair and creativity off the leash now and then :-)

Rick

I've already got two led lights on the back boss - enough to blind the local wildlife, and whilst I'm not completely a cabbage head when it comes to all things fabrication, some might say I "lack the impetus"!!! lmao

Soooooo ... Rod's suit me down to the ground!!!!

Clunk
21st March 2012, 01:23 AM
Ummmmmm, thick not the best choice of words eh?? Hope no ones offended, Oh S%$t.
All my love, Rod. (lol)

Hahahhaha no offence taken mate... All in good fun

Bigrig
21st March 2012, 01:23 AM

What?? Missed something obviously ...

lmao

the ferret
21st March 2012, 02:23 AM
Ok, so I'll make 20 and that's it, get in for ya chop if you want one, they are $25 plus postage or you can pick one up from my joint, bolts supplied.
Cheers, the ferret.

Silver
21st March 2012, 03:07 AM
Good thought tho.
Cheers, the ferret.

I've seen the view from your place, Ferret, from one of your earlier posts.

good to read that you are at work, and not wearing that lovely view out too much :-) !!!

the ferret
21st March 2012, 10:31 AM
I've seen the view from your place, Ferret, from one of your earlier posts.

good to read that you are at work, and not wearing that lovely view out too much :-) !!!
I do have a look now and then lol.
Cheers, the ferret.

Robo
21st March 2012, 05:38 PM
Brilliant idea mate.
Give yourself a pat on the back.
Cheers

the ferret
21st March 2012, 08:18 PM
Brilliant idea mate.
Give yourself a pat on the back.
Cheers
Cheers Robo, only small and simple, dunno why Nissan didn't put them on the GQ's.
Cheers, the ferret.

the ferret
23rd March 2012, 01:02 PM
Bugger PM's - stick it up here for all to see and make Rod's effort worthwhile!!!

I'm a hard man aren't I??? Grrrrr !!!!! lmao

I'll have two actually, as I know of at least one other clown on here who could use one ... (yes Dhuck, you!!!! Lol).

So that's three thus far ... it's late at night, so not expecting much response now, but others????

Two back savers are on their way today Scotty,
Cheers, Rod.

Stropp
23rd March 2012, 03:18 PM
hey mate, I will get one, pm your address and i will pick one up and that will give me an excuse to meet you as well, also let me know when is suitable as i work till 2pm saturdays and have sunday off. i am out midland way cheers stropp

the ferret
23rd March 2012, 03:41 PM
hey mate, I will get one, pm your address and i will pick one up and that will give me an excuse to meet you as well, also let me know when is suitable as i work till 2pm saturdays and have sunday off. i am out midland way cheers stropp

PM sent mate.

the ferret
24th March 2012, 10:04 PM
Ok guys, I have made ten, if you want one, speak now or forever hold your peace.
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/P1010354.jpg
$30 with free postage.
Cheers, the ferret.

Clunk
24th March 2012, 11:50 PM
Should have come down to get mine really but what with having to work today and going for a spin with Timbo tomorrow, weekends a bit full........ Would be good to catch up some time and meet the tool master

the ferret
25th March 2012, 01:07 AM
Yeah that would be good to catch up fer sure.
With regard to the portable holes, The federal Gubbermint has banned the use of portable holes.
It seems that a waterboard worker dropped a portable hole on Stirling HWY to inspect a sewer main, went down the hole and a bloody road sweeper came along and sucked up the portable hole
They have no idea where he is and he seems doomed. I have had a lot of trouble posting portable holes as they seem to work their way out of the envelope!!
Cheers, the ferret.

Clunk
25th March 2012, 01:19 AM
Yeah that would be good to catch up fer sure.
With regard to the portable holes, The federal Gubbermint has banned the use of portable holes.
It seems that a waterboard worker dropped a portable hole on Stirling HWY to inspect a sewer main, went down the hole and a bloody road sweeper came along and sucked up the portable hole
They have no idea where he is and he seems doomed. I have had a lot of trouble posting portable holes as they seem to work their way out of the envelope!!
Cheers, the ferret.

Hahaha been on the vino again have we, or is it paint fumes!!!!??????

the ferret
25th March 2012, 01:50 AM
Hahaha been on the vino again have we, or is it paint fumes!!!!??????
Think it's the salt air lol

the ferret
27th March 2012, 01:15 AM
Well Iv'e made 10 as promised, sooooo?? ya want or whot??, I might have ta post em on the Toymota forum!!lol
Cheers, the ferret.

Clunk
27th March 2012, 01:25 AM
What ever happened to all the shoe of hands, or was it just me and Scotty !!!!???? Lol

nowoolies
27th March 2012, 01:26 AM
What ever happened to all the shoe of hands, or was it just me and Scotty !!!!???? Lol

shoe ???? of hands hahahahahahah on the turps again huh!!!! lol

Clunk
27th March 2012, 01:30 AM
Nah using the phone again, stupid predictive text and never notice the mistake until its posted, can never be bothered to change it lol

the ferret
27th March 2012, 01:34 AM
Shoulda got yours today Clunk, posted Saturday, so maybe tomorrow?
Cheers, the ferret.

Clunk
27th March 2012, 01:36 AM
Shoulda got yours today Clunk, posted Saturday, so maybe tomorrow?
Cheers, the ferret.

Cheers Ferret, more likely be tomorrow, they're slow round here, will be coming by snail mate lol

Clunk
27th March 2012, 11:24 PM
Well the Snail finally arrived today, got me new backsaver, thanks Ferret, top job but I think the holes you were gonna send must have fallen out of the bag on the freeway somewhere........ So gonna have to have a crack a drilling my own holes.

Thanks again mate

MudRunnerTD
27th March 2012, 11:25 PM
Hey ferret, got a nice package from you today, your a champ mate, thanks a heap.

Clunk
27th March 2012, 11:29 PM
Hey ferret, got a nice package from you today, your a champ mate, thanks a heap.

Isn't it amazing how items posted the same time can arrive the same day in 2 different states....... Lol

MudRunnerTD
27th March 2012, 11:31 PM
Isn't it amazing how items posted the same time can arrive the same day in 2 different states....... Lol

Crazy stuff that !!! ;)

the ferret
27th March 2012, 11:45 PM
Well the Snail finally arrived today, got me new backsaver, thanks Ferret, top job but I think the holes you were gonna send must have fallen out of the bag on the freeway somewhere........ So gonna have to have a crack a drilling my own holes.

Thanks again mate

Pics Mate, you know we love pics!!!
Cheers, the ferret.

the ferret
27th March 2012, 11:46 PM

All good Mate, all good, pics???

Clunk
27th March 2012, 11:47 PM
Crazy stuff that !!! ;)

Specially when one lives in the same state as the poster!!!!!!! Lol

Clunk
27th March 2012, 11:48 PM
Pics Mate, you know we love pics!!!
Cheers, the ferret.

But it didn't come with instructions, so may take me a while lol

the ferret
27th March 2012, 11:57 PM
But it didn't come with instructions, so may take me a while lol

They're extra, but here's a freeby,:bananarock:
Leave the wheel on, place the plate upto the edge of the rim on the wheel carrier, nice and central, hold it tight and run a pencil around the two holes.
Take the plate away and centre pop in the centre of the two circles, and pilot drill 4mm.
Then drill to 9 or 10 mm, put the nuts and spring washers behind the wheel carrier.
Then next time you change a wheel, it'll be so much easier.:clapping:
Cheers, the ferret:trink13:.

Clunk
28th March 2012, 12:13 AM
They're extra, but here's a freeby,:bananarock:
Leave the wheel on, place the plate upto the edge of the rim on the wheel carrier, nice and central, hold it tight and run a pencil around the two holes.
Take the plate away and centre pop in the centre of the two circles, and pilot drill 4mm.
Then drill to 9 or 10 mm, put the nuts and spring washers behind the wheel carrier.
Then next time you change a wheel, it'll be so much easier.:clapping:
Cheers, the ferret:trink13:.
Cheers mate but i remembered your instructions from earlier in the thread, was just having you on, coz I wanted to see your penmanship again :bananarock:

the ferret
28th March 2012, 12:42 AM
Darn laptop'll be running out of INK at this rate!!