PDA

View Full Version : horn prob

cookpa
20th March 2012, 12:23 AM
hi guys, just went out to my car to disconnect the horn it was bipping on and off and buzzing by it self i pulled the relay out which was hot and also what stopped it , the hornpad is not stuck i disconnected that first is this just a relay problem ?? any one had this before ? thanks

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 12:25 AM
Freaked out when I saw the title to this thread ... all I could think was "OMFG, how is this going to be family friendly???" ... LMFAO!!!!!!

Sorry boss, couldnt help myself!!! No doubt someone will be along to offer advice mate!!

the ferret
20th March 2012, 01:52 AM
Yendor's probably asleep now, but mark my words, hell be all over this like a fat kid on a cupcake, he will have the answer, be patient me boy.
Cheers, the ferret.

the ferret
20th March 2012, 01:55 AM
Freaked out when I saw the title to this thread ... all I could think was "OMFG, how is this going to be family friendly???" ... LMFAO!!!!!!

Sorry boss, couldnt help myself!!! No doubt someone will be along to offer advice mate!!

I was gunna chirp in on this one, but then I thought about it, lol.
Ya tyre deflators are on their way Scotty.
Cheers, the ferret.

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 02:19 AM
I was gunna chirp in on this one, but then I thought about it, lol.
Ya tyre deflators are on their way Scotty.
Cheers, the ferret.

Haha .. best left alone mate!!! lol

Thanks for that!!

Yendor
20th March 2012, 05:37 PM
Too many blue pills or not enough blue pill.... hehehehe

If the horn was beeping on and off, I would say it has an old alarm fitted.

Does it have a siren mounted under the bonnet? the control module will more then likely be mounted above the petals and the wiring tapped into the back of the ignition switch.

If it was just staying on then you have a problem either with the relay, the wiring from the relay to the horn switch or the horn switch itself.

Do you still have the genuine steering wheel fitted?

Grab yourself a voltmeter or test light, connect one end to the positive battery terminal, connect the other end (relay removed) into the Light Green wire with a Black trace at the relay base.

Does the test light, light up? or voltmeter read around 12 volts?.

If it does you have a short in the wire harness going to the horn switch or a faulty horn switch.

If it doesn't press the horn switch, does the test light or voltmeter work now? if so replace the relay.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers Rodney

cookpa
20th March 2012, 09:01 PM
hey yendor thank s mate. i got into it this morning and found that the previous owner had let the horn relay just hang upside down instead of hang on the bracket like it should , turns out it was half full of water with all this rain ,ordered new relay today $30 from nissan Thank s for the help :-)