PDA

View Full Version : GU Diesel into GQ Pertol

Rosco
19th March 2012, 11:09 PM
I am looking into replacing my tb42 with a td42t. Does anyone know if I can do the conversion from a GU or what the differences are to make it work?

Bigrig
19th March 2012, 11:11 PM
I'm on tapatalk mate, so can't search, but pretty sure there's some detailed threads on this if you have a hunt - maybe use the search string 'tb42 td42' or something ...

Hopefully someone might be able to assist with this also!!

Good luck with it!!!

nissannewby
20th March 2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah the motor will swap out im pretty sure mounts are in the same spot, gearbox is the same but the bellhousing is different. Then its just a matter of wiring it up which the ole td doesnt have a lot of.

AB
20th March 2012, 09:33 AM
x2 above, the mounts will fit fine and the bell housing is different.

My neighbour has just done this and although time consuming It's not a "difficult" job.

Have a read of this thread below...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5432-Diesel-conversion-%28TD42-from-TB42%29&highlight=tb42+td42

Rosco
20th March 2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks AB. I had already read that thread and it was very informative. I am more conserned about all the assessories like the fuel lines and filters and aircon differences between the GQ and GU

AB
20th March 2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks AB. I had already read that thread and it was very informative. I am more conserned about all the assessories like the fuel lines and filters and aircon differences between the GQ and GU

Yep, that can be a slight pain in the ass and a few things need to moved around for sure. My neighbour Rossco (as well) has a Mav and they were even more different from the Nissan TB42 to Mav TB42 but I watched and helped him a little bit and just one step at a time mate and you'll be fine. Also remember if you get stuck on anything particular just yell out.

Hope It's not your daily driver too as it will take a couple of weeks if you have a full time job...lol

eddietrx
25th April 2012, 04:35 PM

The acc are always a right pain to get to fit but you have plenty of room in the engine bay just need to modify mounts as needed