PDA

View Full Version : Pebbly Beach north of Coffs Harbour NSW

HammerBuilder
19th March 2012, 07:30 PM
Hey there all we just got back from Pebbly Beach as per Action + Adventure issue no.2

In the mag it doesn't clearly say how to get there exactly & neither does another mag Camper Trailer Touring No.23 so I thought I'd put the easiest directions on here for future tripers....

Either go North from Coffs Harbour on the Pacific Hyway or South from Grafton on the Pacific Hyway
turn East of the Hyway onto a dirt road called Barcoongere Way. or Barcoongere Forest Way.
One of the first things you'll come accross is a creek crossing which ranges from a trickle to like when we came through just below the sills in a 2 in lifted GQ its all rocky bottom so no worries here.

Just stick to this main dirt road all the way up n down heaps of little hills round a few corners then you'll go accross a Grid then after bit more rougher trail you'll come to a sign that says

Station Creek Camping Area (with an arrow pointing up)
Pebbly Beach Camping Area 5.4km (with an arrow to pointing right)
Visitor fees apply

So of course you take the turn to the right past the garbage collection bins & down an even
rougher trail that narrows at times then splits into directional lanes so of course you keep left

Follow follow follow follow the sandy rocky trail till the next sign that says

Station Creek Beach

Yuraygir National Park
Solitary islands Marine Park

(arrow to the Left) Pebbly Beach 2.5km

Of course you turn left onto beach & cruise along coupla km's then theres a little tiny sign
up on the dune saying no vehicle yatta yatta yatta well basicly you turn up the dune to the left of this sign over the top you go then bingo you are at the tidal creek crossing (if you don't like a car full of sea water wait a little for low tide & you can go through with only water in the chassis).

Up the other side along a little bit then theres a track off to the right thats the boat ramp entrance,
straight ahead past this to the camp area most are protected both ways from wind except the first on the right the big 1 before the dip. we found out at bout 2am when a storm came through.

Well here you are now get fishing camping or just lazing around enjoying the time away

Cheers TonyD

Bigrig
19th March 2012, 07:43 PM
Top write up mate and many thanks for the effort!!!

Around Coffs is one of the "places on my list" ...

macca
19th March 2012, 08:00 PM
Pebbly Beach is a great spot.
Surprised at the sand bank erosion behind with the fishing rod.
Wasn't like that when we were there a couple of years ago.
Great report thanks Tony

HammerBuilder
19th March 2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah sory Patrol Guru thats the Pebbly Beach side of the creek crossing we were just chucking a line in having a play thats not the beach..
But up at Broomes Head if you've been there the erosion is huge no beach left n down to the rocks under foot as well as the banks.

AB
19th March 2012, 09:17 PM
Good spot mate, been there myself way way way back in the past!!!!

Tweakedoffroad
20th March 2012, 12:13 AM
That looks like an awesome spot

Timmo
20th March 2012, 12:18 AM
station creek is were my old man taught me how to drive an old nissan patrol dont know what model it was but only had 4 gears big and went any where she was pointed grew up there and spent many weekends and xmas holidays there also use to hunt feral pigs in the pine forrest and there where some big fellas in there.

Shaunous
10th April 2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah sory Patrol Guru thats the Pebbly Beach side of the creek crossing we were just chucking a line in having a play thats not the beach..
But up at Broomes Head if you've been there the erosion is huge no beach left n down to the rocks under foot as well as the banks.

Thank the hippy greenies for that erosion at Brooms, they campaigned against the local community fixing the erosion as they did near the camp grounds years prior, where you'll notice there isnt much, untill you get to the end and the camp ground and the fence keeps getting pushed back and the erosion is stealing camp spots.

Pebbley beach isnt a good beach to swim in now, always has bad rips and its a steep sand beach leading to the hole and sand bar just after the water starts, but its good for the fishing, and you just swim and surf at the beach along the drive in to the camp site before the outlet crossing.

Absolutely awsome spot, and if you check the 4wd action forum, there are big arguments about pebbley being better then Fraser, I havnt been to Fraser yet, but pebbley will be hard to beat as far as beach camping...

Shaun...

brenno-gu
23rd November 2013, 09:05 PM
Sorry to bring up an old post but can u use a sand spear for showers or is there fresh water around?