PDA

View Full Version : blinker/hazard lights regulator

bigdaddy
18th March 2012, 06:42 PM
I have a '03 Patrol. My blinker/hazard lights aren't working....... does anyone know where the regulator is EXACTLY positioned under the dash?????? All fuses are in tact and not blown, so i gather it must be the regulator that's packed it in.

NissanGQ4.2
18th March 2012, 07:00 PM
Hi mate, sorry can't help you with your problem, I'm sure someone will be along soon 2 answer your Q.

When you get a chance please drop into the introduction thread and post up an intro about yourself and your rig.

Cheers

Todd

Yendor
18th March 2012, 07:23 PM
If you remove the cover below the steering column, the one just above the petals.

On the left hand side you will see a black square box with 3 wires going to it, about in line where you left knee would be if you are sitting in the driver seat.

This is the indicator/hazard light flasher relay.

If you have a TI you might need to remove the trim around the radio to access it.

You did check the hazard light fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet?

beansathome
18th March 2012, 07:23 PM
hey u will get more intrest and replys if u throw a intro up in the intro section

i had this exact problem it was something to do with a relay or something like that under the bonnet . i was getting my bullbar replaced when i noticed there was a problem. the auto electrision guy at the smash repairs just pulled out the fuse and something else i think it was a relay and put it back in he said its not uncommen for it to stick or something.

my hazards did not work at all but my blinkers worked with no problem when it was playing up

bigdaddy
19th March 2012, 08:02 PM
Sorry Todd, I jumped the gun. Being an 'old-timer' I didn't have a clue what a 'thread' was... my 5 y/o granddaughter came to the rescue and I've added an intro this evening. Regrets if I caused any problems. Mike

Bigrig
19th March 2012, 08:17 PM
Sorry Todd, I jumped the gun. Being an 'old-timer' I didn't have a clue what a 'thread' was... my 5 y/o granddaughter came to the rescue and I've added an intro this evening. Regrets if I caused any problems. Mike

Hahahaha ... God bless the kids for showing us how to do something on the puter!!! lol

All good mate!!!

NissanGQ4.2
19th March 2012, 08:47 PM
No probs at all mike, we just like 2 know who we are talking 2 when answering questions, that's all :)

Got 2 love young kids that know more than there parents, when it comes 2 computers *L*

Cheers

Todd

Yendor
19th March 2012, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure if you got this sorted or not.

If the problem was a blown hazard light fuse, this is not uncommon when towing a van and you have a bull bar fitted with extra lights in it.

The original 10amp fuse is to small to handle all the extra load of the lights in the van and bull bar.

You have a couple of option.

1. Change the fuse to a 15amp fuse, this is fine unless you plan on having the hazard lights on for a long period of time.
2. Change some of the bulbs to LEDs to reduce the load.

Cheers Rodney