PDA

View Full Version : 24-25 or 31-01

Timmo
16th March 2012, 09:44 PM
well i know clunk is keen to get out to the powerlines for a wheel, and im keen i have been told that its not for sooks or concrete cowboys that are scared of hurting thier 4x4, well im neither but like every one i dont like spending money on the troll for damage if i can help it, so with this in mind when are we going out to do this is there any chicken tracks to save damage and what skill level is required..........

is there any one else that wants to go

Bigrig
16th March 2012, 09:56 PM
I want to go ... wants and reality are two different things though!! lol

Sounds like a good spot though!!!

Clunk
16th March 2012, 10:02 PM
Don't worry Tim, there are chicken tracks available, although some are becoming a little less chickčn tack like....... lol.
Just pick your line, don't go help for leather and you'll be fine mate. I've done it in my old Xtrail about 1 1/2 agowith no issues, my old man went up there with his un-modified Pajerohe came out with a banged in rrear bumper (easily popped out with some heat applid from a hair dryer ) but he was trying to go where the big boys went. last time I went up there was a woman driving her Subaru Out back. so you should be ok mate, might get a few bush pinstripes but that's about it......... like I said slow and steady and pick the right line.
as far as the dates go, I'm pretty sure I'm clear for any of them.

Clunk
18th March 2012, 02:12 PM
Here you go Tim, just a little video for ya on how to get yourself stuck!!!!! lol

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/th_VTS_01_1.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/?action=view&current=VTS_01_1.mp4)

growler2058
18th March 2012, 02:48 PM
Nice job clunkster ;-)

Clunk
18th March 2012, 03:08 PM
Nice job clunkster ;-)

Thanks mate............ I wasn't getting out of there un-assisted that day, well not with my level of experience anyway lol

growler2058
18th March 2012, 03:44 PM
Soooo where's the recovery vid???

Clunk
18th March 2012, 08:47 PM
Soooo where's the recovery vid???

Fortunately there isn't one coz unfortunately I was towed out by me mate in his Toymota....... And I in turn never had the chance to return the favour because the big Toymota driving girl never went first and would never try the same thing if I got stuck............. But rest assured it was a safe (as much as they can be) slow and easy snatch not using tow balls, bull bars or anything else that's deemed unsafe

Timmo
18th March 2012, 11:57 PM
cheers man, i cant wait till the weekend

Timmo
20th March 2012, 01:41 AM
so is it this weekend clunkster? any one else keen to tag along ? more the merrier.............

Clunk
20th March 2012, 01:50 AM
so is it this weekend clunkster? any one else keen to tag along ? more the merrier.............

Yeah mate, like I said before, either weekend/day should be fine for me............

Can you pm me your phone number mate, that goes for anyone else who would like to come

Woof
20th March 2012, 01:56 AM
Thinking, thinking and thinking..

Clunk
20th March 2012, 01:57 AM
Thinking, thinking and thinking..

Don't think, just do

Woof
20th March 2012, 02:03 AM
When and where is it??????????????????

Clunk
20th March 2012, 02:12 AM
Well I like an early start, so how about meet Saturday @ 8am at the Caltex on Gt Eastern Hwy (just after the Roe Hwy intersection) if that's to early, let me know, if that day is no good, let me know. Like I said, I'm pretty clear the next couple of weekends, so if anyone has a preference...... Let me know lol

Woof
20th March 2012, 02:17 AM
Can't make it this weekend, catching up with my eldest son that I have not seen for 9 weeks............if everyone else wants to go then it is fine with me, got a few issues with The Q at the moment.

Clunk
20th March 2012, 11:36 PM
Can't make it this weekend, catching up with my eldest son that I have not seen for 9 weeks............if everyone else wants to go then it is fine with me, got a few issues with The Q at the moment.

Jeez Doggy, excuses excuses....... Lol

Joking mate, all good, family comes first........ There'll always be a next time

Timmo
21st March 2012, 10:26 PM
see you there buddy you know of any one else going?

Corski
28th March 2012, 01:38 PM
This is the sort of fun I can't wait to get into up the powerlines.

I checked out some of your other videos, great work.

Go BIG or go HOME...