PDA

View Full Version : Whats ur favorite 4x4 play area / track???

NissanGQ4.2
12th September 2010, 09:49 PM
Hi guys / girlz,

Just curious to other peoples favorite 4x4 play area's / tracks.

This one was mine untill they closed it down many, many, many years ago :(

Why my fav area????

Would not say they were hard tracks, but it was very close to home and a group of us would go every Friday night after a hard days work, have a beer, have a play, light a bonfire and relax :) this was many, many, many years ago, but still is one of my most fav memorable area 2 4x4 in :)

patch697
12th September 2010, 10:11 PM
I live in pretty good 4WDriving country, I have both the Big & Little Desert Murryville & the Grampians all at my finger tips & play in them regularly, but I would have to say my most favorite place is the Vic high country. Although the Grampians rate a close second.

How does that saying go??? The grass is always greener.....lol

Cheers
Paul

NissanGQ4.2
12th September 2010, 10:30 PM
I live in pretty good 4WDriving country
I need 2 move out of Sydney!!!!!

Russell1974
13th September 2010, 12:20 AM
Have to say love the high country nothin better. But then again any were there is a river a fire and good company

patch697
13th September 2010, 12:26 AM
Have to say love the high country nothin better. But then again any were there is a river a fire and good company

True that Russ...... True that.

AB
13th September 2010, 05:29 PM
High Country is also my favourite part of the world but locally in Toolangi area has some pretty crazy tracks and extremely boggy areas.

Only downside is spending 5 hours cleaning up everytime you go out...lol

Jamiseon is also another favourite.

NSGUPotrol
13th September 2010, 07:41 PM
any good places around Brisbane area

YNOT
13th September 2010, 08:11 PM
any good places around Brisbane area
Welcome to the forum NSGU.

My favourite play ground is Landcruiser Park, but Levuka and Scenic Rim have some good tracks too. There used to be another park up near Jimna called Big Boys, that place had some incredible tracks. It closed a few years ago.

National Parks we have include Nerang (south) and Beerwah (north-also known as glasshouse), and Kenilworth (also north). There are others but that's all I can think of for now.

What part of Brisbane are you from? Pop over to introductions and tell us a bit about yourself.

Tony

Maxhead
13th September 2010, 08:53 PM
I too enjoy the High country (NSW and VIC). Tom Groggin track stands out as one of my favorites.

Did a trip January this year up through the Great Dividing Range, Bemboka to Eden which was unreal trip and will definitely do again.
Start at GlennBog state forest to Tantawangalo state forest to Cathcart state forest to Bombala state forest to Towamba state forest to Mt Imlay National Park to East Boyd state forest and into Eden.

The trip was a few days of constant entertainment

Brindabella Ranges are heaps of fun close to home

89GQ
13th September 2010, 08:54 PM
42 mile crossing and the coorong, You can have a play on the beach and some of the dunes, beach can be hairy if you hit the shell grit its bottomless.

NissanGQ4.2
13th September 2010, 09:19 PM
My favourite play ground is Landcruiser Park, but Levuka and Scenic Rim have some good tracks too. There used to be another park up near Jimna called Big Boys, that place had some incredible tracks. It closed a few years ago.

I wish we had parks setup for playin, like Landcruiser Park, would be nice

NissanGQ4.2
6th October 2014, 07:21 PM
Well this thread never went anywhere so thought I would add 2 it.

After Darren's Photo comp topic of mud I got to remembering the fun I had out a place at Castlereagh refereed 2 as the Drop Zone ( military land where they practice drops from planes ), not a large place but lots and lots of deep bog holes

Don't have many pics of me been in there but have come across some vids on youtube of others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG5McqKFVWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_KMv9SP_uU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uut-oQFwQQ

growler2058
6th October 2014, 07:26 PM
Didn't work......

growler2058
6th October 2014, 07:26 PM
Now it is???????

growler2058
6th October 2014, 07:27 PM
Nup now its not???

Winnie
6th October 2014, 07:30 PM
Walhalla, Aberfeldy, Licola area. So close to home =)

NissanGQ4.2
6th October 2014, 07:30 PM
Nup now its not???

Whats not working?

growler2058
6th October 2014, 07:37 PM
Whats not working?

The vids. First had an exclamation marke the next looked like theyd play then said try later

growler2058
6th October 2014, 07:38 PM
"An error occurred please try again later" is what comes up when I try watching them

NissanGQ4.2
6th October 2014, 07:42 PM
They all work for me.....

Anyone else have issues watching them?

Avo
7th October 2014, 04:56 PM
yeagerup sand dunes.15 mins from home.

93patrol
7th October 2014, 05:24 PM
Anywhere from harvey to collie

Avo
7th October 2014, 08:41 PM

working for me on the pc

Clunk
7th October 2014, 08:51 PM

Worked for me on the phone.........

Clunk
7th October 2014, 08:53 PM
Would probably be the Mundaring powerlines for me but only because it's only 30 minutes from where I live