PDA

View Full Version : Weekend trip in high country area

Winnie
13th March 2012, 07:23 PM
Okay guys so me and my mate have got new tyres this week and we are wanting to try them out this weekend. We wanna go on a weekend trip leaving on Friday and coming home Sunday arvo. We would be leaving from Traralgon at around 5pm on Friday, I was thinking we could get to somewhere like Walhalla on Friday night, camp there and head off in the morning to do some tracks? Not sure where else is good for a weekend or what tracks we could do.

Cheers, Chris.

Bigrig
13th March 2012, 07:25 PM
Lord I love to ... hope you get a good roll up mate. Can't wait to do the High Country one day ...

AB
13th March 2012, 07:42 PM
I just got back from Woodspoint on the weekend mate which is not far from there.

Loved it!!!!!!!!

Nice little old miners town with a ripper pub. Tracks are mad fun with steep climbs, rocky bits, 10 thousand river crossings ranging from 1 foot deep to over the bonnet.

If you want to camp at Woodspoint instead then get a map of the area and camp on the pub side of the hut...It's the only hut in the area and it is a sensational camping spot for a few tents.

10 minutes from the town, no one else around, 5m from the river, pebbles so theres no mud and your right at the base of some great tracks to explore.

Winnie
13th March 2012, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a great place but sounds like somewhere to go on a long weekend... Queen's birthday isn't too far away!
Would be looking for somewhere closer this weekend.

Could camp at Blue Pools, any good 4WDing around that area?

Tweakedoffroad
13th March 2012, 09:43 PM
hey mate if you are going to walhalla there is heaps out there beardmoores is a good one to start out on, deep creek 1,2,3,4, army track foultans (sorry if they not correct spelling) there are some good huts around there as well just be cautious if it rains