PDA

View Full Version : Wombat state forest

tusman
12th March 2012, 05:56 PM
Hi all just thought I would chuck a few pic's up from our weekend in Wombat state forest. Had a ball and found some good tracks, Did the XL track and also some fun tracks off Lerdederg road. Cheers tusman

Silver
12th March 2012, 07:07 PM
Nice, thanks for sharing!

AB
12th March 2012, 07:25 PM
Love it up there, havent been there in a long long time!!!

tusman
12th March 2012, 07:33 PM
Was first time for me, but not the last. some awsome driving and there was some really neat looking patrol's getting around too. I did get stuck down a little side track with a tree across it and nowhere to turn around and didn't have the chain saw, I ended up having to cut through it with a hatchet lol. It was only about 10 inches round but still took a while with the baby axe.

Maxhead
12th March 2012, 08:02 PM
Looks like a nice relaxing place to be in mate......

belzi82
12th March 2012, 09:46 PM
Hi all just thought I would chuck a few pic's up from our weekend in Wombat state forest. Had a ball and found some good tracks, Did the XL track and also some fun tracks off Lerdederg road. Cheers tusman

Where was my invite?? hahaha

Wombat and Lerderberg are both great, but even better when there is lots of mud around!!! I love going in the winter!

tusman
13th March 2012, 06:51 PM
Where was my invite?? hahaha

Wombat and Lerderberg are both great, but even better when there is lots of mud around!!! I love going in the winter!

Sorry belzi I'll be sure to invite you next time lol and the rest or you for that matter.

Tweakedoffroad
13th March 2012, 07:23 PM
Hey mate great pics look forward to that invite havent been up there

ryusteve
13th March 2012, 07:47 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what state would that be in?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fuiwiu

ryusteve
13th March 2012, 07:48 PM
Ok. Disregard my last. Should have checked the title. Idiot!!!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dkcgth

tusman
14th March 2012, 07:26 PM
Ok. Disregard my last. Should have checked the title. Idiot!!!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dkcgth

bit far for a weekender lol, but worth a look if ever your down this way mate.

Kenko
20th June 2012, 12:14 AM
Spent last Sunday out in the Wombat just South of Trentham/Blackwood area. There is an abundance of quality 4x4 tracks to varying degrees. The whole area is magical and so close. It would have to be one of the best kept state secrets just how good the area is to 4x4 drive. This time of year there is enough water and mud to increase the fun. Couple of the tracks required a bit of creative winching but that added to the fun. Went out with 5 trucks and had a great day. BBQ and venison steaks over a fire for lunch. Finished off with a cold beer at the Pig and Whislte pub at East Trentham to round the day out. Nil vehicle damage (always important), bugger all fuel used and a great day had by all.

tusman
21st June 2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks Kenko, yep is a great spot for a day trip or a long weekend