PDA

View Full Version : lift laws in vic

madchris
12th March 2012, 11:37 AM
hi everybody im still in the dark as to the lift laws in vic i know they wonted to bring in there stupid laws with the 2 inch mods but has it been done???? have they even passed the laws on lift kits or are we still on the drawing board >???i still see loads of hi lifted Nissan's and other 4x4s getting round have they passed this law please no links i don't understand them / just a simple yes you can lift yu car or no you Carnot wood help heaps but only if you no wot is wot thx:jawdrop:

oncedisturbed
12th March 2012, 12:46 PM
Check with local authority and the new VSB 14 which came in on the 1st jan this year

AB
12th March 2012, 06:20 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?4440-Legal-Lift-Height&highlight=victoria+lift+laws

This link above should help but there is another thread in this forum somewhere with the latest news in Victoria. I'll try and find it for you.

billyj
12th March 2012, 09:49 PM
see page 7 of this doc
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/9B3A858D-15A0-4572-90BF-3D08214BF7BE/0/VSInumber8Guidetomodificationsformotorvehicles.pdf

50mm spring lift and 50mm larger diameter tyres, without engineers cert, what ever you can talk and engineer into signing off on with cert...

flemj
14th March 2012, 07:25 PM
Hi guys,

At my 4wheel drive group (citywest 4x4 club ) plug, they were saying there is a newer version of regs coming in. It is still be worked on but it will have changes including, no fishing rod holders on your bull bar and no projections out the front of your bar

John

madchris
16th March 2012, 07:32 PM
the fishing rod one has been round for ages but if they can be turned upright i think there ok im more worried about the lift they make these lifts to improve our 4x4ing and then some swanker that has probably never owned one and drives a Minniemoke says they are too high well there are hundreds of people out there with over a 2 inch lif y dont we all go to Canberra and park on there lawns and protest people power is whot it needs i for one wont a 3 to 4 inch lift tired of being told no without good reasoning

NissanGQ4.2
16th March 2012, 07:55 PM
hi everybody im still in the dark as to the lift laws in vic i know they wonted to bring in there stupid laws with the 2 inch mods but has it been done???? have they even passed the laws on lift kits or are we still on the drawing board >???i still see loads of hi lifted Nissan's and other 4x4s getting round have they passed this law please no links i don't understand them / just a simple yes you can lift yu car or no you Carnot wood help heaps but only if you no wot is wot thx:jawdrop:

madchris, there is no simple yes or no when it comes 2 governing laws in regards 2 vehicle modifications.

As far as I am aware, Yes you can legally lift it yourself / 4wd shop 50mm total only

Anything over that will require it 2 be certified.

In regards 2 seeing other lifted four wheel drives getting around and have they passed this law........probable not, most do not get there lifts certified. I drove around with my 4inch suspension lift and 2 inch body lift for years and never was picked up for it.

The laws have always been there, but not really enforced..........

Cheers

Todd

P:S. The last I have heard is found here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8845-Victorian-Vehicle-Certification-Requirements-relaxed-for-4WD-owners&highlight=victoria

You have already read the thread.