PDA

View Full Version : Dog Friendly Camps in Qld

pattersd
11th March 2012, 12:17 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a list of Dog friendly campsites in Queensland?

oncedisturbed
11th March 2012, 12:19 PM
Check out the website camping with your dog, has a google map with locations ponned on it all round oz, same as our members map

Silver
11th March 2012, 02:35 PM
There's a book at the Newsagent on dog friendly accomodation - not sure if it covers camps, as don't have a muttley.

As a rule, National Parks = no pets, and a lot of our QLD state forests are now moving to that policy as well

pattersd
11th March 2012, 06:44 PM
It is a bit of a shame that the State forests are headed that way. 4x4 owners are responsible dog owners.

pattersd
11th March 2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks I will look it up

Silver
12th March 2012, 12:43 AM
It is a bit of a shame that the State forests are headed that way. 4x4 owners are responsible dog owners.

I don't know that Nat Parks want anyone in 'their' parks - just a problem for them to manage :-)

The Rangers at the local State Forest - Mt Mee, were a credit to themselves and their employer, I reckon. Its a different place now.

1madgerman
17th April 2012, 07:23 PM
Landcruiser mountain park is dog friendly.

megatexture
17th April 2012, 07:29 PM
Neurum Creek Bush Retreat http://www.ncbr.com.au/
this ones dog frendly and 20 mins from glasshouse mtns and 5 mins from mt mee state forest its a great spot

Parra
20th April 2012, 11:40 AM
Inskip Point up near Fraser is also Dog Friendly - heading up there in July with the missus and the four legged mutt for some fun.

Bob
20th April 2012, 11:43 AM
TRY THIS

http://www.brisbanecityonline.com.au/things_to_do/dog_friendly_camping.html

PattyWgnOwen
20th April 2012, 10:56 PM
Ozcamps have a code for dogs.
Lots of options close by.

bschotty
21st April 2012, 11:19 PM
The Kenilworth Homestead in Kenilworth is fantastic. We've been taking our two dogs there with us for a couple of years now. They can play around in the Mary River. It does get a bit crowded in the holidays though so we try to avoid them. Last time we went there was a sign saying dogs must be on leash... never noticed it before and I've never seen it enforced (they come around to collect money in the morning and have never had a problem with the dogs being out). Might be worth giving them a ring and asking them about it. They probably just put it up so if any dogs are out of control they can enforce it. Personally we always have our dogs under control with a remote collar (bigleash brand) which works fantastic, it just means we don't have to worry about them taking off after a horse/cow etc...

oncedisturbed
22nd April 2012, 10:45 AM
if you have a smart phone or tablet (eg iphone / android) there is an app called "Wikicamps" for 99c. Shows all the camp / caravan / camper sites close to your location and then expands out via distance. It has the usual legend similar to Camps Australia listing paid / unpaid, dogs, facilities etc

Bushie83
22nd April 2012, 01:06 PM
There is a book called camping guide to Queensland that lists quiet a few camping areas that are dog friendly.

PattyWgnOwen
23rd April 2012, 11:59 AM
most of teh state forrests are dog friendly.
just go to qld govt site and search for local area