PDA

View Full Version : Im gettin Dizzy, can you help, Elec Windows prob.

LittleJohn
10th March 2012, 11:11 PM
Sorry fellas n chicks,
But im new here on this forum,
been trolling the site and am getting dizzy as im not used to it here.

Me has had a problem for a while, never really got any answers once upon a time elsewhere.
hope you's can help.

My passenger side windows o my
2006 3.0td GUIV
have stopped operating.
They first only went down , till now they just arent operable from the door switches on the passenger side.

i can and have to control em from the driver door, and
its gettin on me nerves constantly putting the window up and down, for me wife and
one of me daughters,
both who can not ever make up their minds !! LOL's

What to do?
is there fuses just for that side?
will a pull down and dust clean fix?

absolutely any advice, is welcomed, i need help.

ps, if theres another thread with this exact sittuation, im so sorry,
please if someone can lead me too it,
i really ams gettin dizzy, for me first day here!

MudRunnerTD
10th March 2012, 11:16 PM
Mate, Yendor or Fletch are your guys on that one. Give a pm to either of them and they will try and help you, they are both Auto Elecs, they are around allot, if they don't post here in a couple of days yell out to them and they will happily sort it out for you.

That's how we roll ;)

Good luck

MR

Bigrig
10th March 2012, 11:20 PM
Sounds like the window contacts on the passenger side?? Not sure if they're on a separate circuit as such' do am thinking the button contacts are poor ,,, hmmmm

MudRunnerTD
10th March 2012, 11:25 PM
Sounds like the window contacts on the passenger side?? Not sure if they're on a separate circuit as such' do am thinking the button contacts are poor ,,, hmmmm

Yeah was my initial thought too Scotty but not Both door?? That's a little odd?

Yendor
10th March 2012, 11:52 PM
Hey LJ,

There is no separate fuses for the power windows, only one fusible link and a circuit breaker thats all.

I would say you have a problem with the switch contacts. Either the two switches in both the passenger side doors are faulty or the master switch in the driver side door.

I know that sounds strange, how can the problem possible be in the master switch in the driver side door when thats the only switch that works?, because, even when you use.. say the switch in the passengers front door, the electrical circuit also runs through the master switch as well, through a different set of contacts.

The easiest thing to try is, if the RHR window still works swap the switch with the LHR window switch and see if the LHR window now works.

If it does, you know you have a problem with that door switch, if it still doesn't work then we will need to have a look at the master switch/wiring.

Some people have been able to pull the switches apart and clean the contacts.

Let us know how you go with it.

Cheers Rodney

LittleJohn
11th March 2012, 07:28 PM
Hey LJ,

There is no separate fuses for the power windows, only one fusible link and a circuit breaker thats all.

I would say you have a problem with the switch contacts. Either the two switches in both the passenger side doors are faulty or the master switch in the driver side door.

I know that sounds strange, how can the problem possible be in the master switch in the driver side door when thats the only switch that works?, because, even when you use.. say the switch in the passengers front door, the electrical circuit also runs through the master switch as well, through a different set of contacts.

The easiest thing to try is, if the RHR window still works swap the switch with the LHR window switch and see if the LHR window now works.

If it does, you know you have a problem with that door switch, if it still doesn't work then we will need to have a look at the master switch/wiring.

Some people have been able to pull the switches apart and clean the contacts.

Let us know how you go with it.

Cheers Rodney

Friggin fantastic
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/fishnchips73/excellent.gif

yeah the back widow went first, it would go down but not up by its own switch ( totally controlable by the driver side main switch)
till it would only go down with my forcefull press of its switch ( but still fully normal from the drivers door)

Then same happened to the front passengers side , not kidding... exact. but after bout a month after the back one played up to its inevitable cease fire !

The switch swap... friggin never even though of that ,

I appreciate your responses fellas, like ya wouldnt believe.
Once ive tried that ( i'll organise it from my panel beatin best mate)
i'll repost here and let you guys know my outcome from that experiment,
and then we can take it from there.
I'll take pics too.

45/70
12th March 2012, 11:59 AM
If ya cant fix em L J, just leave the girls home.:bigthumbup:

Robo
12th March 2012, 12:47 PM

Had front pass door, then back same side.
thought this odd and probably a wiring fault.
This case Not so, just dirty rocker switches.

removed switches, opened cleaned with spray contact cleaner.
greased rockers "not" electrical contact points.
works again.
checking with test light if ya have power in/out of switches is a easy test to do.

my third 256
13th March 2012, 08:26 AM
Had front pass door, then back same side.
thought this odd and probably a wiring fault.
This case Not so, just dirty rocker switches.

removed switches, opened cleaned with spray contact cleaner.
greased rockers "not" electrical contact points.
works again.
checking with test light if ya have power in/out of switches is a easy test to do.
x2 had same issue /real easy to fix
hardest part was getting the armrest off
/just pull up top of the arm rest (the back of it )and then you can get to the switch for cleaning