PDA

View Full Version : Broken thermo housing bolt!!!

89GQ
11th September 2010, 10:06 PM
Any one broke the long thermo housing bolt on a TD42, and know how to fix it?? Iv'e heard it hapening before but dunno how to fix it. Cheers.

XLR8
15th September 2010, 12:26 PM
if it won't come out with an ezyout you may need to redrill and tap it to fit a thread insert

patch697
15th September 2010, 01:48 PM
Any one broke the long thermo housing bolt on a TD42, and know how to fix it?? Iv'e heard it hapening before but dunno how to fix it. Cheers.

Sorry I missed this mate..... how did it go? You got it out yet?

89GQ
15th September 2010, 09:09 PM
Sorry I missed this mate..... how did it go? You got it out yet?Got it after 3 hours lucky when i took thermo housing off there was about 5mm of the bolt showing so i thought easy (NOT) gave it a few sharp hits, heaps of CRC and multigrips and didn't budge, so got the oxy on to it for a few seconds and it mooved a little with the multigrips but stuck again. So welded a nut on it and with the heat from the weld and the nut it came straight out!! Got a newy from nissan, Put new water pump, thermo housing,thermostat, hoses, overflow bottle and radiator and all sweet, ready for my trip to yalata SA - WA Border to get me a big mulloway.!!!!

patch697
15th September 2010, 09:12 PM
Got it after 3 hours lucky when i took thermo housing off there was about 5mm of the bolt showing so i thought easy (NOT) gave it a few sharp hits, heaps of CRC and multigrips and didn't budge, so got the oxy on to it for a few seconds and it mooved a little with the multigrips but stuck again. So welded a nut on it and with the heat from the weld and the nut it came straight out!! Got a newy from nissan, Put new water pump, thermo housing,thermostat, hoses, overflow bottle and radiator and all sweet, ready for my trip to yalata SA - WA Border to get me a big mulloway.!!!!

Top stuff................. what do you call big BTW?....... we get them up to 35p down my way.

89GQ
15th September 2010, 09:22 PM
80 pound plus have been pulled in there! A mate of mine got one just under 95 pound it was taller than him, Got the pic. on my mobile will try to load it up.It,s a great spot you need permission from the local tribe to drive through to the beaches but great camping spots from what ive seen in photos . This will be my first trip. Cant Wait!!!!! Cmon November!!!!!!

patch697
15th September 2010, 09:32 PM
80 pound plus have been pulled in there! A mate of mine got one just under 95 pound it was taller than him, Got the pic. on my mobile will try to load it up.It,s a great spot you need permission from the local tribe to drive through to the beaches but great camping spots from what ive seen in photos . This will be my first trip. Cant Wait!!!!! Cmon November!!!!!!

LOLOL........ Top stuff mate..... I hope you enjoy every second of it.

Cheers
Paul

p.s/ & hopefully I'll have that headlight loom done for you befor you go.....lol

89GQ
15th September 2010, 10:14 PM
LOLOL........ Top stuff mate..... I hope you enjoy every second of it.

Cheers
Paul

p.s/ & hopefully I'll have that headlight loom done for you befor you go.....lolThat would be good !, Dont want to run any of the locals over at night. LOL