PDA

View Full Version : weekend

Timmo
9th March 2012, 01:26 AM
well the missus and her best freind wants to have ago at driving in the sand, yes i know i will regret it but i said i would take them is there a place thats fairly close to perth with sand that the girls can have some fun in and the kids can have a swim? im thinking lancalin?

Clunk
9th March 2012, 01:32 AM
wilbinga mate, tis a bit closer, just north of two rocks

Timmo
9th March 2012, 01:41 AM
never been there is its cool for the girls to try and do some 4x4?

Clunk
9th March 2012, 01:49 AM
Yeah mate, some nicesandy tracks on the way there for the girls to cut their teeth on, especially if you get on the tracks just north of Two Rocks harbor itself. I've only been there the once, so not very familiar with the tracks..... went up their with the WPC few weeks back. I believe Timbar knows the area pretty well

oncedisturbed
9th March 2012, 04:39 AM
most of the area is fine for learning to drive on sand, main gazetted entrance is at the end of dame pattie drive in two rocks, this is signposted and has an airdown area just inside the entrance, you can also go up wanneroo rd and turn left in to wilbinga rd which takes you halfway through the area to were the shacks are, there are aslo several other ways in along wanneroo rd including 1 that is an entrance / exit at the rear of a rest stop area.

Timmo
9th March 2012, 07:31 PM
thanks guys for the info will post pics up after the torture.......

Timmo
11th March 2012, 11:04 PM
well we found the entrance to the Wilbinga 4X4 park so after not airing down and finding no one on channel and putting up the sand flag we set off, after a quick chill pill to the wife after she crapped her self when others came over the hill we where trying to go up we found a nice place for the first stop to take some pics, after taking some pics we set of to find a place for the girls and not long up the track we found a nice sand dune for me to muck around on, after 3 attempts i couldnt get up the top so the missus and kirsty gave me some crap, and after explaining that maybe i should let some air out of the tyres they got bored and wanted to go so we headed out found a wind mill and then some how found the exit a short trip but fun none the less, next ti8me i will go with more people and let down the tyres and buy a air pump to pump them back up.

timbar
13th March 2012, 01:07 AM
yeah found it hahahaha

Clunk
13th March 2012, 01:15 AM
A little too much air in those boots me thinks........ so where's the photos of you getting stuck on the dune then????? ?lol

oncedisturbed
13th March 2012, 11:22 AM
maybe a WA meet up is in order for a mission to Wilbinga and maybe down the SW somewhere

markmclauchlin
15th March 2012, 05:06 PM
Wilbinga is a great spot, headed back there again on the weekend.

White Elephant
15th March 2012, 08:18 PM
wilbinga mate, tis a bit closer, just north of two rocks

Insn't Wilbinga the place that is nick named Loonies?

Clunk
15th March 2012, 10:39 PM
Wilbinga is a great spot, headed back there again on the weekend.

Spot of "fishing" is it Mark?

FullFlxd
16th March 2012, 11:50 AM
A mate is organising a powerlines trip on sunday if anyone is keen?
So far there 3-5 cars leaving at around mid morning (hopefully earlier)