PDA

View Full Version : What are people doing around Easter?

Punderhead
8th March 2012, 09:00 PM
Hi All.

While I'm sure most of you already have plans for the Easter holiday period, if there is anyone else who's family is ditching them, and has nothing to do on the Easter fri/sat, I'd love to catch up and have a 4by with you.

Am thinking glasshouse mountais (never been there before though) LCMP, (Had a ball there last time) or somewhere else close to brissie/toowoomba if you know of a good spot.

Possibly even meet up on the thurs night or something.

So what are your thoughts? I am flexibleish, so tell me what you can do!

*Disclaimer - If my car is broken I won't come!

Cheers!

Bigrig
8th March 2012, 09:02 PM
We have nothing planned as yet, so a wheel at some stage throughout the long weekend sounds perfect ... happy with any of the destinations above.

hekarewe
8th March 2012, 09:08 PM
will be in the bliue mountians trying to scare the sh1t out of myself for 10 days over easter so wont be there myself

growler2058
8th March 2012, 09:11 PM
Loveday 4wd Adventures

AB
8th March 2012, 09:24 PM
Loveday 4wd Adventures

x 2 Loveday...That's where the fun is...LMAO

Maxhead
8th March 2012, 09:30 PM
x3 Loveday seems like the place to be....hahaha

Punderhead
8th March 2012, 09:48 PM
Where's Loveday?
I thought It was in Vic somewhere!

Cheers!

Maxhead
8th March 2012, 10:07 PM
Where's Loveday?
I thought It was in Vic somewhere!

Cheers!

Close, Barmera SA.

http://www.loveday4x4adventures.com/

Punderhead
8th March 2012, 10:21 PM
Just looked at springs 4x4 park - it Didn't look too bad!

MudRunnerTD
8th March 2012, 10:21 PM
Loveday is where it's at.

Time for a Road Trip there mate ;)

Bigrig
8th March 2012, 10:27 PM
Just looked at springs 4x4 park - it Didn't look too bad!

We were there on the weekend - top spot!!

nissannewby
8th March 2012, 11:16 PM
I'm working but if i get the time off i'd be keen for wheel around the brissy are have been to glasshouse a fair bit so could go there not a huge fan of lcmp but the springs is a top spot and so is janowen hills

2TROLLFAM
8th March 2012, 11:33 PM
My mother is doing the complete opposite to ditching me ... she's taking me & my 3 kids on a Cruise from Brisbane to Port Douglas on the Princess Dawn :) 3weeks & 1 day to go :)

Bigrig
9th March 2012, 12:24 AM
I'm working but if i get the time off i'd be keen for wheel around the brissy are have been to glasshouse a fair bit so could go there not a huge fan of lcmp but the springs is a top spot and so is janowen hills

I'd be up for Janowen or Springs also.

belzi82
9th March 2012, 01:16 AM
Loveday for me!! Should be great!

MudRunnerTD
9th March 2012, 08:03 AM
I hear the Loveday National Forum Meetup is on, Check out the big Red Counter at the top of your screen.

Just down the road guys! Come for the drive ;)

Maxhead
9th March 2012, 08:31 AM
My mother is doing the complete opposite to ditching me ... she's taking me & my 3 kids on a Cruise from Brisbane to Port Douglas on the Princess Dawn :) 3weeks & 1 day to go :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah...rub it in why don't ya!!....lololool

oncedisturbed
9th March 2012, 08:38 AM
apparently goign with a group of families up to Jurien bay for a few days with dirt bikes etc, should be interesting

rusty_nail
9th March 2012, 10:00 AM
yep loveday for shizzle!!! its where all the cool peeps are gonna be at =P

Sir Roofy
9th March 2012, 10:19 AM
Checking into loveday for part of easter

Timbo
9th March 2012, 11:02 AM
Loveth Dayus

rusty_nail
9th March 2012, 11:10 AM
Loveth Dayus

timbo i thought you said you couldnt come, youave had a change of heart mate? tops!!!

wildgu6
9th March 2012, 12:21 PM
x 2 Loveday...That's where the fun is...LMAO

X3 Loveday for me toooo,
bit of jetskiing at Waikerie then Loveday, gunna be a blast

Punderhead
9th March 2012, 09:47 PM
Righto - Problem 1. If I had the time to go to Loveday, I would have time to go on my family holiday.
Problem 2. If I had the Money to go to Loveday, I would have the money to go on my family holiday.

So, for those in SEQ, I'm happy with springs 4x4 or Janowen hills, Fri/Sat.

I'm meeting up with my sister who was also ditched on the sun/mon - so won't be there then.

So, calling for your preference once again, and will lock something in soon!

Cheers!

Bigrig
9th March 2012, 10:54 PM
Righto - Problem 1. If I had the time to go to Loveday, I would have time to go on my family holiday.
Problem 2. If I had the Money to go to Loveday, I would have the money to go on my family holiday.

So, for those in SEQ, I'm happy with springs 4x4 or Janowen hills, Fri/Sat.

I'm meeting up with my sister who was also ditched on the sun/mon - so won't be there then.

So, calling for your preference once again, and will lock something in soon!

Cheers!

I'm good with Janowen actually - been there once only, and that was before any mods, so yep - we're up for it!!

Finly Owner
9th March 2012, 10:59 PM
So where is Janowen?

Tim

NissanGQ4.2
9th March 2012, 11:16 PM
apparently goign with a group of families up to Jurien bay for a few days with dirt bikes etc, should be interesting

I don't know where Jurien Bay is, but I'm going with oncedisturbed, he just doesn't know it yet :)

megatexture
10th March 2012, 01:50 AM
ill be camping/ gettin pissed on teewah bch unless they evacuate it again .... gah if not id have gone for sure!

Bigrig
10th March 2012, 01:56 AM
ill be camping/ gettin pissed on teewah bch unless they evacuate it again .... gah if not id have gone for sure!

Nice mate!!! What a place to kick back and relax!!!

nissannewby
10th March 2012, 11:51 AM
Janowen is on the brisbane side of warwick about 20k out from the town is a good spot nice and quiet one of the smaller parks but i think thats what makes it good as you dont spend half the day travelling around to get to tracks and there are plenty of tracks and plenty of challenges. just dont drive in the creek its deeper than it looks

Punderhead
11th March 2012, 12:29 AM
Janowen Hills seems to be the go then.

Bigrig, you seem fairly keen, which is good, cause I'm pretty sure there is a buddy system at Janowen.
Finly Owner, Are you up for it?
nissannewby, what about you?

And anyone else who wants to come along.
Should be good to meet a few people!

Cheers!

Punderhead
11th March 2012, 09:47 PM
Also, what time do people want to meet up? Living in Toowoomba It's not all that far for me compared to some, so you decide how early you want to get up etc. I assume that the logical place to meet is the Freedom Fuels servo at Allora?

Cheers!

nissannewby
11th March 2012, 09:53 PM
If i can get off work i will be wanting to get there as early as possible. There is a rest stop at the turn off from the highway where we could meet as it seems everyone will be coming from different areas. Im back at work wednesday so i will find out about the time off would def be keen to go. So by the end of this week i will know. Hopefully sharee has time off too and she can bring her gq along as well.

Punderhead
12th March 2012, 09:15 PM
6th and 7th of April. -Confirmed
Janowen hills 4wd park - Confirmed
Meet up spot - Unconfirmed. Where exactly do you mean Nissannewby?
Meet up time. - Unconfirmed. Although Im thinking maybe around 8-9ish on the fri? Unless of course you prefer earlier - I'm not fussed.

Punderhead - Confirmed.

Cheers!

nissannewby
12th March 2012, 11:36 PM
The intersection where you turn off the cunningham to go to janowen has a driver reviver at it. This is where i have met people in the past. That time suits me fine. I am pretty flexible as to where i meet anyone as im coming from the northside of brissy.

GQUTERUS
13th March 2012, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a good weekend, i'm heading up to Double Island point with the misses. I'm sure you guys are going to have a blast!

Punderhead
15th March 2012, 06:32 PM
Hmmm, I will be coming up the New England from toowoomba. Do you still pay at the little shop around there somewhere? That could be a good meetup spot. I'm thinking meet up at 0830 hours on Good Friday, and go from there.

Nissannewby - you sound like your coming.
Bigrig, you said that you were able to maki it

Hopefully My new clutch will be in by then. (It should be anyway)

Cheers!

nissannewby
15th March 2012, 08:01 PM
At this satge i am coming however i will be flying back into brisbane friday so unsure as to what time i can get out there. As far as i know you still pay at the little shop then drive down the road a little to the park. Hopefully the weather will hold off.

Bigrig
15th March 2012, 08:04 PM
Sorry lads ... missed all of this .. yep, we should be right for Janowen, and I'll confirm by tomorrow ...

I'll send a message to others also...

Punderhead
15th March 2012, 08:08 PM
Just checked the website - you still pay at the shop. That's our meetup point then. If we don't start till later in the day that's fine, I'll get a bit more of a sleep in haha!

Enjoy your flight!

Cheers!

nissannewby
15th March 2012, 11:52 PM
my mrs will also be coming along in her gq ute as well

Ben-e-boy
16th March 2012, 10:08 AM
I have easter off so I think I'll be in for this one

Punderhead
17th March 2012, 08:01 AM
Looks Like it's going to be good with a few people coming.

Just recheckd the site, $25 for the 4wd fees, + $7.50pp camping.

I'll probably be bringing along a few friends with me as well (passengers)

Ummm, how bout UHF 16? random no from my head.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Oh, and my clutch arrived yesterday. Shame I'm about to head off for work.

Cheeers!

nissannewby
20th March 2012, 03:15 PM
Sounds good. Who is bringin what? I have a good size chainsaw i plan on bringing along, 80l fridge/freezer will probably be bring both my patrols out have a small 2 burner bbq and the usual essentials.

Punderhead
20th March 2012, 06:58 PM
I was thinking bring your own recovery equipment. Normal rules. you get stuck we use your snatch etc.
Bring your own food, or make food groups with who you want to.
Your own bedding is a given

Baisically be self supporting, bring what tools you normaly would, spares etc....

and invite your friends.

Cheers!

nissannewby
20th March 2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah sounds good cheers for that just deciding weather to trailer the GQ out there and sleep in GU or tent it.

Punderhead
21st March 2012, 08:45 PM
You mean you have 2 Patrols and your missus has one aswell :O

So going at the moment are:
Punderhead
Ben-e-boy
Bigrig
Nissannewby
Nissannewbys Missus

Meeting up at the shop you pay at 8.30 a.m. on good friday. - Nissan newby and his missus may not be able to make it till later?
Paying fees, driving to park, dropping tyre pressures etc.. etc...
having a good time, recovering toyotas, landrovers, etc...
camping at night, swapping stories etc.
sleeping
more of the above on saturday.

I'm heading home saturday night. what you do is up to you after that.

UHF channel 16 if you have one

Bring all your own equipment, food, etc...

anything else I've missed?

Can't wait!!

Cheers!

nissannewby
21st March 2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah me and the mrs will be there a little later my flight gets in just after 8 so you should see us around lunch will give you guys a call when we get there if you's arent chilling at the camp

Punderhead
25th March 2012, 06:30 PM
Pm's sent

Cheers!

Bigrig
25th March 2012, 06:45 PM
Just replied to your pm Luke. I'll be out there for at least Friday, but more than likely overnight also.

Might have a couple of others with us also ..

Punderhead
25th March 2012, 07:35 PM
Awesome Bigrig. The more the merrier!

Cheers!

nissannewby
25th March 2012, 10:21 PM
Yeah me and the mrs will be out there friday not sure what time as yet we will be staying fri night but still undecided on sat night but im bringing the big ole chainsaw and i plan on being able to atlesst keep 20 people warm with the fire lol

Punderhead
25th March 2012, 10:24 PM
That fire is the best news I've had all day!

Cheers!

nissannewby
25th March 2012, 10:44 PM
oh and may have a couple taggin along with us also

Punderhead
30th March 2012, 08:24 PM
Well my rig is running again, so will be there.
Can't wait, this time next week will be chillin round the fire!

Cheers!

Punderhead
31st March 2012, 08:15 PM
A few people have mentioned they may have a few tagging along with them. About how many out of curiosity. Also, are any of them bringing recovery practice vehicles? hahaha

It's not too late for anyone new to jump in!

Cheers!

Ben-e-boy
5th April 2012, 11:07 AM
Sorry guys I am going to have to pull out of this one, I catch you next time?

Cheers
Benny

Bigrig
5th April 2012, 12:18 PM
Sorry guys I am going to have to pull out of this one, I catch you next time?

Cheers
Benny

X2 - my sincere apologies lads (had to cancel with two mates meeting out there also).

More than happy to organise another weekend lash at it at the same location in a few weeks though??

waz65
5th April 2012, 05:46 PM
More than happy to organise another weekend lash at it at the same location in a few weeks though??
I'll be keen for this :)

Punderhead
5th April 2012, 07:11 PM
are you reffering to tomorrow of in a few weeks waz? And if tomorrow what time?

Also what time are you turning up tomorrow nissannewby? won't turn up till then.

Cheers!

waz65
5th April 2012, 07:53 PM
are you reffering to tomorrow of in a few weeks waz? And if tomorrow what time?

Also what time are you turning up tomorrow nissannewby? won't turn up till then.

Cheers!
Nah mate not tomorrow I'm keen for a run in a few weeks time

Punderhead
7th April 2012, 04:32 PM
Had a great time out there - Thanks to all that came, looking forward to hopefully getting out there again soon!

If anyone has pics can they please post them up as I didn't get many!

Cheers!

nissannewby
7th April 2012, 08:59 PM
We got a few bloke just have to get them all in one spot then i will post a few up hopefully i can do this before the end of the weekend. It was great to meet you mate and punderhead isnt shy at giving something a go. It would have been good to get some fottage of you driving that hill yesterday arv.

Punderhead
8th April 2012, 09:45 PM
Which hill? My mate has one of the short steep one near the play pen on my second attempt which I didn't make??? dunno why I didn't but anyway....

If your referring to the one only your missus and I got up last track fri then I've got nothing sorry.

Still waiting for dad to get home so he can yell at me about my errr, 'modified' sills and rear quarter hahaha!

Hopefully will catch up on the tracks soon!
Cheers!

Punderhead
12th April 2012, 05:51 PM
Got some pics
Cheers!

nissannewby
12th April 2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah i will get onto the photos tonight will make sure of it I have contacted the photographer that was in the play pen just waiting a response on the footage he got and if i can get that will post it up.

Ben-e-boy
12th April 2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah i will get onto the photos tonight will make sure of it I have contacted the photographer that was in the play pen just waiting a response on the footage he got and if i can get that will post it up.

hurry up mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting patiently lmao

Punderhead
12th April 2012, 07:31 PM
Awesome! that guy in the play pen would have got some good stuff I reckon.

Wish I had more, but was too busy driving :)

Cheers!

nissannewby
12th April 2012, 10:39 PM
Yes thats our biggest drama we are all to busy having a good time driving around to take photos we need to find someone who just likes to take photos and not 4wding and bring them along

Ben-e-boy
13th April 2012, 03:05 PM
Yes thats our biggest drama we are all to busy having a good time driving around to take photos we need to find someone who just likes to take photos and not 4wding and bring them along

That person is 040ff on the forum, takes photos that you would pay top dollar for in a gallery, he know how to wheel too.

Punderhead
13th April 2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah I've seen some of his photos - maybe I should bring him along - it would take all of his skill to make my pile of junk look like it's worth anything thats for sure! LMAO

Also, that person used to be me, I was dad's Navi, and while I was at it I manged to take photos aswell somehow - now its my mum, but of course she wasn't there on the weekend!

Oh well, we will just have to do it again so I can take some photos!

Cheers!