PDA

View Full Version : Child Anchor points

jom2303
11th September 2010, 09:28 AM
Hi, I've just joined and I am trying to figure this site out. I need some help please if any one out could tell me if a GQ has child anchor points and where they might be. We have a 7 seater previously owned by a old couple and they carpet in it is like new but I have no idea where to find the hole for a car seat bolt? I really didn't want to pull on the carpet yet as maybe they are hiding under there. I'm not sure if they are in the middle row seats or the rear seating area? As this car is only driven by my husband mostly I haven't yet really needed to find them. But now summers coming we might want to use the 4wd more to explore and enjoy on weekends.
Regards,
Jo & Gary

patch697
11th September 2010, 09:33 AM
Have a look in this link below, it has free downloads of Patrol service manuals that will have pictures showing you the location of the holes for your child restraint anchor bolts.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?21-DIY-Mechanical-and-Manuals

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
11th September 2010, 10:34 AM
If you still have the owner's manual, check in that. Try the online manual too. I don't know what it says. In WA, you can't just go drilling holes. They need to be properly installed by an authorised person (licensed installer) and a compliance plate attached under the bonnet in the engine bay, somewhere. If in any doubt, contact Nissan.

Take care out there.

Ross

YNOT
11th September 2010, 12:23 PM
GQ child anchor points.
Red screw driver points to anchor point for third row.

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/P1010870.jpg

GU child anchor points.
Red screw driver points to anchor point for third row.

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/P1010871.jpg

Tony

patch697
11th September 2010, 12:34 PM
Nice work Tony.

Cheers mate

Paul

Finly Owner
11th September 2010, 09:11 PM
on the ball again Tony.

boggy2006
30th December 2010, 06:02 PM
hi,
just to add to this thread as I've been looking for the two anchor points too. On the 7 seat GQ, there are also 2 threaded holes further forward, at the front edge of the rear carpet (2 little carpet flaps fold up to reveal the holes). They are threaded for the anchorage bolts which come with the child seats. I don't have confirmation, but these look like anchorage points too and allow for the child restraints to be anchored whilst still keeping the 3rd row of seats in place and still usable. Referring to the top photo above, my 7 seat GQ does not have the left hand rectangular slot cut in the carpet (although I can feel the other anchorage bolts under the carpet in the locations shown above), but as I say, it does have slots and flaps in the carpet at the front edge.

Sir Roofy
30th December 2010, 06:43 PM
excellent photos tony as allready said tour on the ball

cheers roofy

nullack
18th February 2012, 01:38 PM
Yes, thankyou very much Tony. I've now got a plan to move the child seat into the 3rd row, I looked everywhere but the way youve got that red screwdriver shows how obvious it was. :)

jimbeamteam
30th April 2012, 08:08 PM
awesome, didn't know there were so many, thanks heaps

mitchgq
1st May 2012, 09:59 AM
if only i found this 6 months ago....i used a Crab bar i think its called picks up from the seatbelt mounts.

Dragonwall2000
23rd November 2012, 11:39 AM
I have a 89 patrol and the child restrain mounting points are:

Behind middle seat, infront of of Dickie seat mounting points, on the floor under the carpet on both sides.
Behind Dickie seat under flap of carpeting rear corners on each side. May need to lift flap of carpet at rearbit further when lifting from rear open doors

All have rubber bungs in them.

Nowlzy
25th August 2019, 09:38 AM
Do you know which are child anchor points for swb GQ? This is all I can find in the manual:

I’m assuming it’s where those rear tie down hooks are?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk