PDA

View Full Version : My 83 MQ Project

Decthebeast
8th March 2012, 12:31 AM
Hi guys (and gals)
Brand new to this site :) also my first project being only 17. And it is quite a project. So any advice is helpfull!
Heres a few piccys for you all:

Bigrig
8th March 2012, 12:36 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Ask away on the questions mate and we'll help when and wherever possible!!!

Enjoy!!

Finly Owner
8th March 2012, 12:38 AM
It is requested that all new members post up a intro before asking for help etc.You will find you get more responses of help this way. Inc maybe me too. No harm done so far.

Tim

Silver
8th March 2012, 12:43 AM
Should keep you busy, Decthebeast. You'll know your way around it, which has got to be a good thing.

It is worth putting up an intro - its taken a bit seriously on here - mind you, you could nearly copy and paste what you put above!

Welcome!

AB
8th March 2012, 08:59 AM
Good work mate, keep us informed with how you go and feel free to ask any questions.

Tweakedoffroad
8th March 2012, 01:29 PM
Agh a blank canvas now were to start! looks like its going to be a fun little build how long till your 18?

MQ MAD
9th March 2012, 09:39 AM
She looks like theres a P40,4L petrol donk in there topped by a 2 barrell holley carb
HHMM, juice guzzler
They are a good motor from the factory and the best factory power in that model
Never had one tho , probly never will (a P40 that is)

Kinda about the nick my ute was in when i got it
Many many hours and beers later she should be looking good

Decthebeast
9th March 2012, 12:58 PM
Agh a blank canvas now were to start! looks like its going to be a fun little build how long till your 18?

Not till november mate :/

Decthebeast
9th March 2012, 01:01 PM
She looks like theres a P40,4L petrol donk in there topped by a 2 barrell holley carb
HHMM, juice guzzler
They are a good motor from the factory and the best factory power in that model
Never had one tho , probly never will (a P40 that is)

Kinda about the nick my ute was in when i got it
Many many hours and beers later she should be looking good

Yeah it will be a bit of fun keeping the fuel up to it ;)
Actually do you know what fuel it should run on it? It has unleaded in it for now, but I'm not sure whether it should have a lead additive or premium or something?
Cheers

MQ MAD
10th March 2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah it will be a bit of fun keeping the fuel up to it ;)
Actually do you know what fuel it should run on it? It has unleaded in it for now, but I'm not sure whether it should have a lead additive or premium or something?
Cheers

I run regular unleaded in my L28 petrol MQ,dont have any issues with it, but its not a daily driver
Depending on the factory compression ratio (top of my head , dunno) if its not to high should be fine on regular unleaded with an additive ,if the comp ratio is highish premium will be better
IF goin PULP , you can advance the timing a touch and get a bit more power

IF your running the 4.11 diff ratios it shouldnt be too bad on the juice

Decthebeast
10th March 2012, 03:21 PM
A lead additive?

pod
11th March 2012, 12:19 PM
valve master, flashlube a few different names but all are to help lubricate the valve train so you dont burn out valves

Decthebeast
11th March 2012, 01:57 PM
valve master, flashlube a few different names but all are to help lubricate the valve train so you dont burn out valves

Alright cheers mate.