Woof
5th March 2012, 09:50 PM
Doing a bit of research and require some input from everyone here

97_gq_lwb
5th March 2012, 09:55 PM
Mudwrestling

AB
5th March 2012, 09:56 PM
A different section away from the big boys stalls where It's affordable for average Joe's to put up a stall showing their little ideas and products, inventions, etc.

Food that doesn't cost $17 a hamburger.

Woof
5th March 2012, 09:59 PM
Poll is up, just took me a while to work it out..LOL

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 10:01 PM
More live demos of promo trucks etc for suspension outlets driving around test tracks and putting the trucks through tough terrain (like the test tracks we used to have at the exhibition each year).

Tips and tricks - both for camping, touring and off roading ... again, with live demos.

Woof
5th March 2012, 10:08 PM
More live demos of promo trucks etc for suspension outlets driving around test tracks and putting the trucks through tough terrain (like the test tracks we used to have at the exhibition each year).

Tips and tricks - both for camping, touring and off roading ... again, with live demos.

Sorry should have said TV show, will edit now

Clunk
5th March 2012, 10:18 PM
Is it not multiple choice doggy????????

97_gq_lwb
5th March 2012, 10:20 PM
Extremely outrageous stunts and stupidity 4wd style something like nitro circus.
I have watched a few minutes of 4wd action and it put me to sleep.
Another show that made me laugh and kept me entertained a little was the bush mechanics on sbs.
Something like that would be good tips and tricks on dodgy repairs to get you going again.
A bit of sarcastic humour would go a long way not some boring dribbler.

Woof
5th March 2012, 10:44 PM
Is it not multiple choice doggy????????

Thanks mate, OK now how the hell do I change that???????????????AB, HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP PPPPP I have lost the instruction book mate....LOL

Finly Owner
5th March 2012, 10:49 PM
I'll wait for multiple choice

Tim

Clunk
5th March 2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks mate, OK now how the hell do I change that???????????????AB, HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP PPPPP I have lost the instruction book mate....LOL

No worries Doggy, you know how much I. Like to make you yelp !!!!!!!!! Hahagahahaha
Sorry I can't help ya, I haven't even worked out how to type my name yet!!!!!!!

AB
6th March 2012, 07:51 AM
I can't make it multiple choice after It's been posted unfortunately Doggy.

I would just delete it and start again mate. When your posting the poll there should be a box to tick just under where you type your answers in which says 'Allow multiple choice".

Timbo
6th March 2012, 08:45 AM
D) all of the above.

Sir Roofy
6th March 2012, 09:23 AM
All of the above but without outragess prices something a bit more realistic

AB
6th March 2012, 09:33 AM
As much as we all love to see comp trucks and events I love just watching mild to extreme 4wding in areas that you and I go to in 4wd's that we drive.

Doggy, I reckon all of the above options would make a great show but show videos of public places of mild to extreme and follow their journey through the area.

As always things go wrong....Things break, show us how you fixed it....4wd's get bogged, show us the correct and safe way to recover them in that particular situation.

Stop and camp for the night, show us a good camp cook up, show us what to check on your 4wd at each stop, clean out your filters, check this and check that.

Come up to a deep crossing....Show us how to pick a good line, take your belt off, put on a bra....Whatever!

Stop at an old historical hut....Small brief 2 minute explanation of the history of the area.

Stop at a large hill climb...What line are you going to take and why.....Safety....How are you going to eliminate risk in that climb and why.

Don't just do WA too, get out to the high country, muddy areas of Vic, up to the rocky parts of QLD, outback NT, deep muddy tight bush areas in TAS.

taslucas
6th March 2012, 10:06 AM
As much as we all love to see comp trucks and events I love just watching mild to extreme 4wding in areas that you and I go to in 4wd's that we drive.

Doggy, I reckon all of the above options would make a great show but show videos of public places of mild to extreme and follow their journey through the area.

As always things go wrong....Things break, show us how you fixed it....4wd's get bogged, show us the correct and safe way to recover them in that particular situation.

Stop and camp for the night, show us a good camp cook up, show us what to check on your 4wd at each stop, clean out your filters, check this and check that.

Come up to a deep crossing....Show us how to pick a good line, take your belt off, put on a bra....Whatever!

Stop at an old historical hut....Small brief 2 minute explanation of the history of the area.

Stop at a large hill climb...What line are you going to take and why.....Safety....How are you going to eliminate risk in that climb and why.

Don't just do WA too, get out to the high country, muddy areas of Vic, up to the rocky parts of QLD, outback NT, deep muddy tight bush areas in TAS.

I can show you some tight bush in tas! Lmfao.
I'd like a bit more in cab footage(not of the driver). Dash mounted camera's give you a really good first person perspective and makes you feel like your there

Lucas

oncedisturbed
6th March 2012, 11:29 AM
all the previous posts have pretty much covered everything, I think a big thing would be more on the average Joe's 4wd as well, not one's with an open cheque book

Woof
6th March 2012, 09:42 PM
I am not doing a TV Show, just interested in everyone's idea of what makes a good show as there are a few around at the moment.......really appreciate everyone's input, please keep it going.
AB, I will have another go at the poll thingy when I am not so tied mate.

BROOZA
12th April 2012, 11:30 PM
Adventure, I want to see 4x4's go to places they rarely go.

Remember "Alby Mangels", I loved that when I was a kid, do a new age version of it.

And titties.

Lewy
13th April 2012, 05:30 AM
Just no more love day!!! So sick of seeing that place on 4wd tv

Finly Owner
13th April 2012, 10:52 PM
I'd like to see more about what the average 4wd stock can get to, and do, most of the shows are about fully set up rigs with lots of dollars spent. Let's see more A/T tyred, non winch mounted, rigs doing trips through Australia. Do unbiased product reviews showing brand against brand, pros and cons.

Tim

belzi82
14th April 2012, 08:19 PM
More female drivers!!!

ozzyboy
14th April 2012, 08:23 PM
I'd like to see more about what the average 4wd stock can get to, and do, most of the shows are about fully set up rigs with lots of dollars spent. Let's see more A/T tyred, non winch mounted, rigs doing trips through Australia. Do unbiased product reviews showing brand against brand, pros and cons.

Tim

winner right there.

Biscuits
14th April 2012, 08:43 PM
I'd like to see more about what the average 4wd stock can get to, and do, most of the shows are about fully set up rigs with lots of dollars spent. Let's see more A/T tyred, non winch mounted, rigs doing trips through Australia. GIRLS IN BIKINIS Doing unbiased product reviews showing brand against brand, pros and cons.

Tim

fixed that one for ya

97_gq_lwb
15th April 2012, 07:30 AM
Who needs a show on television with the technology today just do your own videos and youtube them atleast then we can watch it without advertisements and product plugging.
The hard part will be enticing the bikini models into the mud .

nissannewby
15th April 2012, 11:08 AM
Im with brooza have them go out and dirty a 4wd then on sign out of the program have the girls in the background washing the vehicle (a GQ of course)

oncedisturbed
15th April 2012, 12:36 PM
what about......ME

2.8PWR
29th May 2013, 01:45 PM
not much intrest for safety and first aid, but then again we're all indestructable

pascal1
13th June 2013, 03:55 PM
I voted Mild Offroad but would also like Australia Destinations, Safety and ((Patrol related)) Products Reviews

Barndillo
30th November 2013, 02:13 PM
Mudwrestling
Another vote for that here, but with boobs not blokes. Too many blokes on 4wd shows. Get some ladies on the screen!

FNQGU
1st December 2013, 12:14 AM
I'd like some more technical reviews and how-to type segments. Real world stuff and geared at a bit of everything. Touring, Extreme, Mild, etc. Just not the 4WD Action rubbish where every product is bloody great cause they are selling it. Also, great locations are a must. Not necessarily the hardest places in the world to get to either.

The best magazines IMHO are ones like Fishing Wild, where the photography is spectacular and creative, and the places are awesome and there is no bias towards anyones products. Make a show like that, and you are on a winner.

Cuppa
1st December 2013, 09:45 AM
Mild off road, destinations, touring & touring set ups, bush activities (camping, fishing, cooking, detecting, walking, photography, collecting etc etc), independent gear reviews. Real world stuff not stuff only accessible or affordable to the rich folk. Like the idea of a modern 'Alby Mangels' although the titties aren't necessary as they tend to become the focus. Touring video blogs. Recovery. What we don't need is all the macho stuff for the boys yet to grow up who still think being loud & macho is cool, it just gets irritating.

BenK nailed it above.