PDA

View Full Version : gq body lift

fisho86
4th March 2012, 10:10 PM
hi all was wondering if anyone knows how high i can go with a body lift without making to many mods?
cheers fisho

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2012, 10:14 PM
why do you want 2 do a body lift????, you don't really achieve anything by lifting the body

Better of spending your time and money on suspension lift

macca86
4th March 2012, 10:38 PM
body lift is a mod need to buy/make spacers and lift it all up better to put suspension and tyres first

Wine_maker
5th March 2012, 03:29 AM
Body lift is the last chance for those who can't make high suspension lift, like Pajero 2.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13265

nissannewby
7th March 2012, 03:49 PM
2" is legal in most states as a body lift and is about the extent before you have to modify steering shaft and other things. Body lifts are good they give you the extra room for bigger tyres= better diff clearance and at the same time the centre of gravity stays lower which= stability off road.

macca86
7th March 2012, 05:52 PM
2" is legal in most states as a body lift and is about the extent before you have to modify steering shaft and other things. Body lifts are good they give you the extra room for bigger tyres= better diff clearance and at the same time the centre of gravity stays lower which= stability off road.

Most guy would dissagree with that. suspension lift is what you want rather than body lift. Give room for large tyres and more articulation and flex. The body lift raises the body yes you can get bigger tyres but no extra flex so won't get you any further. I'd put money on 2 inch lift and 31 tyres vs 2 inch body with 33 tyres. Just my opinion take it or leave it Know many people remove body lifts

NissanGQ4.2
7th March 2012, 06:23 PM
Most guy would dissagree with that. suspension lift is what you want rather than body lift. Give room for large tyres and more articulation and flex. The body lift raises the body yes you can get bigger tyres but no extra flex so won't get you any further. I'd put money on 2 inch lift and 31 tyres vs 2 inch body with 33 tyres. Just my opinion take it or leave it Know many people remove body lifts

I agree with Macca's post 100%, I was running a 4" suspension lift and 2" body lift. I removed the 4" lift and went back 2 standard suspension when I had my first kid, under protest but the boss wanted it out as she didn't want 2 be lifting the bub up that high.

The 2" body lift stayed as I was running 33's.

When the lift goes back in I will be keeping the body lift for one reason only....... I am hoping that when I finally get around 2 converting it 2 gas it will give me more clearance with the tanks. If I don't get better clearance with the tanks then the body lift will come out.

Spend the money on suspension first, if you really want a body lift after that, go for it. But still there is no real benefit of a body lift other than bigger tyres .

Hence why in my first post I asked why he wanted a body lift, If we new why we could give better feedback

Cheers

Todd

nissannewby
7th March 2012, 11:05 PM
I can agree there. I think we have answered his question he can get away with a 2" body lift without modifying anything. He now has the info for him to decide which way to go whether he decides to put it in is up to him. This site is so much better for these discussions compared to others im on very laid back.

macca86
7th March 2012, 11:57 PM
I like it here too people give opinions and information with out trolling the net bagging people out and being childish and they have regular meet ups well worth it if you live near some events! learnt alot here and changed some of the things I was going to do as I learnt what works best from others who have gone before me.