PDA

View Full Version : Removing dash trim

MC97GQ
4th March 2012, 02:44 PM
Hi all,

I have a quick question for all those GQ owners who have recently removed their dash as part of a rebuild of their trucks,

How do you remove the small piece of dash trim between the instrument cluster and the A Pillar, it's the piece that holds the drivers vent.

I am thinking about putting some gauges there and would like to remove it for mounting and running wires.

Any help as always is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mark

MC97GQ
7th March 2012, 08:59 PM
Bumpitty bump bump

rusty_nail
7th March 2012, 09:05 PM
hey mate, i just pulled apart and put back together my dash, what part are you talking about? can you take a pic?

cheers

nic

MC97GQ
7th March 2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks Nic,

I'll try and get a photo up tomorrow, as a side note, how are you going in Griffith, I'm a little worried about them flood waters. Keep safe mate and keep the Trol dry.

Mark

P.S. you might need to change your sig to "I've got red mud in my veins"

rusty_nail
7th March 2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks Nic,

I'll try and get a photo up tomorrow, as a side note, how are you going in Griffith, I'm a little worried about them flood waters. Keep safe mate and keep the Trol dry.

Mark

P.S. you might need to change your sig to "I've got red mud in my veins"

thanks for the concern mark, i just might have to change that. but for now everything is fine here. the water has receeded from the paddock next to my house and its being pushed out to barrenbox swamp (the area all the over flow goes)

however at the council meeting today the council and SES admitted they are going into unchartered territory, and am unsure of what will happen. to give you some idea of how it is here, my mate has been stuck here all week from sydney. he managed to get back to sydney this morning being very lucky to have a tiny tiny window where the roads arent flooded. all the roads he used today are underwater now. i havent been shopping for a few days but aparently the supermarkets are running outta fresh stuff cos no trucks are getting in or out.

so to answer you question yes all good mate thanks for your concern, well see what happens next week.

looking forward to seeing that pic

cheers

nic

rusty_nail
8th March 2012, 10:29 AM
dont forget that picture mate!

macca
8th March 2012, 10:39 AM
thanks for the concern mark, i just might have to change that. but for now everything is fine here. the water has receeded from the paddock next to my house and its being pushed out to barrenbox swamp (the area all the over flow goes)

however at the council meeting today the council and SES admitted they are going into unchartered territory, and am unsure of what will happen. to give you some idea of how it is here, my mate has been stuck here all week from sydney. he managed to get back to sydney this morning being very lucky to have a tiny tiny window where the roads arent flooded. all the roads he used today are underwater now. i havent been shopping for a few days but aparently the supermarkets are running outta fresh stuff cos no trucks are getting in or out.

so to answer you question yes all good mate thanks for your concern, well see what happens next week.

looking forward to seeing that pic

cheers

nic

Good to hear Nic, hope it all improves real soon