PDA

View Full Version : Suitable Slide on Camper

pattersd
3rd March 2012, 08:00 PM
Anyone got any pointers in regard to a decent, affordable slide on camper?

My problem, not a new one I know, is that I want to take my boat with me when I camp. It is a 5.2 Quintrex and so needs to be towed and launched. This of course presents a problem for my current set-up of GQ Wagon and roof top tent. Launching requires a quick, pack the camp and yes it is pretty quick but inconvenient if it's at night.

My answer, buy a Ute, get a slide on camper, when we arrive at the camp site, set-up by jacking the camper onto the ground and drive out from under and viola, a vehicle, free from the camp that I can now use.

The dilemma, choose a vehicle, what am I saying, it's going to be a Patrol, but a 4.2 or a 3.0??

Then of course what camper? Buy, build? New used? Any input is good input so fire away..

Patto

GQUTERUS
13th March 2012, 07:38 PM
I'm going to bump this, i too am after something similar!

AB
13th March 2012, 07:49 PM
There is a member from Tassie called Portal Pat who has exactly what you guys are after....

His ride is here but I can't seem to find the camper he put on...http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?283-My-truck.&highlight=portal

Does anyone know where that thread is of his slide on camper???????????

It has supports to take off on site, etc....It was spot on with what you blokes are after!

GQUTERUS
14th March 2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks AB, i've looked through there also. I'm not sure if i've seen his or not. :)

EDIT: I've found one of Fleabay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UTE-CAMPER-FOLD-OUT-CAMPER-SLIDE-ON-TENT-TRAILER-COMPATIBLE-/150777172204?pt=AU_Caravans_RVs&hash=item231b0510ec

Dark 1
14th March 2012, 06:29 PM
Try these guys [ www.utemate.com.au] out, top quality & top ideas.

boke
18th March 2012, 10:50 PM
We got a CM campers eziup - half price of others , excellent , me & missus took ours down CSR

bazz61
26th March 2012, 05:24 PM
gidday , just looked at a slide on home made from a Jayco poptop single axel caravan , wheels removed , jacks installed works a treat, cheers Bazz