PDA

View Full Version : Interesting "she'll be right" driving in NZ

HippoNZ
2nd March 2012, 06:07 PM
Not me but am interested in your thoughts, a fair few safety no nos and obstacles that could be better tackled than just using your right foot lol Not to mention a few laughs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF-HONJl0eY&list=UU2AvRfSewkM68oOM0Flyk-Q&index=14&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpqffedIYf8&list=UU2AvRfSewkM68oOM0Flyk-Q&index=13&feature=plcp

BigMav
2nd March 2012, 07:16 PM
Geez you kiwi's do it differently, not one of those blokes knows how to drive. Not to mention all the dangerous snatching. And old mate in the disco without a seat belt nearly tipping it over. good work champ. Sorry it had to be said.

macca86
2nd March 2012, 07:51 PM
more dollars than sense there I reckon love seeing the strap snap on the first one

Silver
3rd March 2012, 01:29 AM
Crikey!...

Clunk
3rd March 2012, 01:59 AM
And we wonder why 4wd'vers get a bad wrap for tearing up the country side........... sorry but im more of your slow and steady kind a bloke.

Silver
3rd March 2012, 03:44 AM
And we wonder why 4wd'vers get a bad wrap for tearing up the country side........... sorry but im more of your slow and steady kind a bloke.

They seem to be mostly playing in river beds - I'm not sure, but suspect that they get redecorated every time the river floods when the snow melts.

That said, it would look pretty ordinary for maybe months.

So I'm with you on this one Clunk.

Clunk
3rd March 2012, 04:42 AM
They seem to be mostly playing in river beds - I'm not sure, but suspect that they get redecorated every time the river floods when the snow melts.

That said, it would look pretty ordinary for maybe months.

So I'm with you on this one Clunk. I must admit, I didn't think about the rivers flooding in the wet season.Thanks for pointing that out Silver. I'm all for having some fun and would be the first to admit part of me would be saying "hell yeah let's gun it everywhere " but then my sensible side would take over and put a stop to my inner child.... lol

97_gq_lwb
3rd March 2012, 10:09 AM
:bananarock:I think it is great to see people having a go and tearing it up and not driving around like old ladies.
Although their use of a snatch strap looks a little bit dangerous :jawdrop:.

Finly Owner
3rd March 2012, 11:57 PM
Well being a bloke who appreciates NZs clean rivers, I thought was a shame to see them churning them up.

I too was sickened to hear that snatch snap and see the rig on its side. And what about the bystanders around while snatching being done. Not to mention stones flying from all the wheel spin without a thought about who might be copping it.

Not much safety being adhered to by what seems to be club run event. Even applauding foolish acts.

But with saying all that, at least they use their 4WDs unlike mine that's being neglected at the momenet.

Tim

Silver
4th March 2012, 12:18 AM
yes, I know long lenses can play tricks, but it looks like the spectators need to keep their wits about them.

the overall impression I got was that they weren't to concerned about much at all. I don't know that I'd go on a second trip with them :-)

FullFlxd
9th March 2012, 11:46 AM
All in good fun (safety esp with kids around is important offcourse) in saying that there are worse vids than these.

Don't know if anyone has seen the youtube vid of the russian 4x4 comp where the troll falls off one of the obstacles and bounces over a guy video taping it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UOxW9Jhu2Q

Sorry don't know how to load vids as those above.

macca86
9th March 2012, 01:52 PM
that video made me laugh funny stuff glad everyone seemed ok but why he took off god only knows

AB
9th March 2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah I have seen that. That guy was damn lucky....And the bloke just keeps on driving...lol

Silver
9th March 2012, 05:33 PM
just goes to show that an extra high lift can be a safety feature :-)