PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Feedback - Bridgestone

Maxhead
9th September 2010, 11:17 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/10.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/11.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/12.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/13.jpg

Tyre Feedback threads are designed to give members positive and negative feedback and other information relating to a particular tyre brand.

Please post first hand accounts on the Bridgestone tyre only as this is NOT a tyre bagging thread

Information we are looking for is noise, grip, look, wear, handling, recommended PSI or any other information that members find useful and is relevant to the tyre type.

Please post your comments/feedabck and vote in the poll to show your tyre type preference.

Joostoz
1st October 2010, 02:38 PM
I just bought the D694 LT version, haven't driven them too far yet but noise is much better (well, less I mean) than the Toyo tyres that were installed before. Am going to drive Oodnadatta track later this year so will report back after some rough road driving!

Pitbull
26th October 2010, 09:30 PM
I ve got the 693's LT (third from left) , they were 5thou km old when i bought the Patrol and have now done 40thou km with 40% left , so far a good All Terrain for touring and general commuting and have had no issues with numerous trips in the Flinders , i will replace them with a more aggressive pattern when they are due to come off .

Wizard52
9th November 2011, 12:18 PM
Original 693's lasted 120k from new on 2006GU ute. Light load most of time unfortunately mainly on bitumen and a couple of Fraser trips each year. Pretty well stuffed by then so after such a good run went for 694LT's. Done 10k so far and very happy. Going to the cape next year and usual Fraser trips so time will tell

boots
9th November 2011, 08:54 PM
Fitted d694LT on my wagon in jan2010 . have done 28,000km since , rotate every 6 months . mainly black top work but a couple of high country
trips chucked in . really really like them . held there edge , quiet , maintain pressures , great grip . so far so really good.

rmoore
1st January 2012, 09:38 PM
I am impressed with any tyre which lasts more than 30,000km. Often there's plenty of tread left but a serious sidewall or stake issue kills them off for me. I only buy LT's. Having a puncture free run is possible; since I've seriously started fiddling around with pressures my tyres have lasted much better. But to those who say 'never had a puncture', I can only imagine easy roads & soft conditions.

Had Toyos, Goodyears, Bridgetsones, so experienced a few tyre brands, and multiples of each, not just one set of four tyres.

Had 693's and got an amazing run. But they are not made any more. Had maybe 8 of them.

So I've had two 694's on the front for the last 15 to 20,000 km (still running out 693's on rear & on trailer). Used them in a fully loaded 10,000 km run through the western deserts. My mate had 4 brand new 694's on his Troopy, also. He had one blowout on the Stuart highway and one slow leak. I had no issues.

Bitumen, sand, hard dirt, serious courrugations for days = all OK. Anyone doing the sort of driving we do would say this is a good result. I've had no experience in wet conditions with the 694's, so can't comment.

Dr Gary
19th January 2012, 05:47 PM
MY GU 3.0 has just clocked 60,000 km and my 693 are almost done. I managed to get a replacement set of 693s (very cheaply) about a year ago, so they will go on soon. Friends who have had 693 and 694 report the 694 lasts longer and is slightly more aggressive. I will use those next round.
I used Yokohama's on my old GQ but never got better than about 50,000 km

rusty_nail
19th January 2012, 08:25 PM
i have a set of desert duellers, 31,10.5,15 and have done more than 40,000 on them, they are still in pretty good knick, i only ever had one side wall scrape, not going all the way through but taking out a good chunk of rubber, had to replace it but the tyre still holds pressure, and would be good as a second spare wheel, for those extra trouble bits. over all very happy with them. very responsive on sand, gives the car plenty of traction. a little bit less capable in the mud than any muddies but what do you expect, and they are wayyyy better than any A/T tyres out there in my opinion.

twisty
25th November 2012, 08:38 AM
20,000k on 694LTs and I'm impressed. Sand, water, rocks, bulldust, highway, town and always perform well with correct pressures. They do tend to hold small stones. A mate has a set at 60,000k and just over half worn. Recommended.

Maxhead
25th November 2012, 10:48 AM
20,000k on 694LTs and I'm impressed. Sand, water, rocks, bulldust, highway, town and always perform well with correct pressures. They do tend to hold small stones. A mate has a set at 60,000k and just over half worn. Recommended.

Thats pretty good going...I wonder if anyone has tried the new 697?

Cuppa
4th June 2013, 12:52 AM
Thats pretty good going...I wonder if anyone has tried the new 697?

Will have some going onto the new rims later this week. If we can get 60,000k with our weight I'll be pretty happy.

Cuppa

lorrieandjas
4th June 2013, 01:05 AM
Got 3000kms out of a 693.... Was my commuter tyre. To say I'm pissed with them is an understatement. Blew a lug on the blacktop. Cool - not.

Jas

Drew
4th June 2013, 09:59 AM
Got 3000kms out of a 693.... Was my commuter tyre. To say I'm pissed with them is an understatement. Blew a lug on the blacktop. Cool - not.

Jas

3000? Geez that's a shocker

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

Wizard52
6th January 2014, 02:41 PM
Have 694 LT s.

Done 50,000 klm so far and they still have in excess 50% tread left. All on road and sand driving so no chips or damage.

Run min 37psi on road and down to 18 on beach in need.

Still minimal road noise with windows up and can't hear them with windows down due to wind.

Rock Trol
8th June 2014, 12:03 AM
I have had the 697 LT's on the car for 19000km and they are great. Not much wear on them so far, looks like they will last. I have taken them through mud, rocks and sand without a problem. The tread pattern is more aggressive than the 694. The only puncture I have had was caused by a 3 inch roofing screw I picked up just out of Lyndhurst. This is after surviving the Oodnadatta track, Dalhousie to Mt Dare (worst road I have ever been on), Simpson and Strzelecki tracks.

Will buy again as they are a top tyre but a little cheaper than BFG and Mickey T's.

Wizard52
8th December 2014, 03:45 PM
I have had the 697 LT's on the car for 19000km and they are great. Not much wear on them so far, looks like they will last. I have taken them through mud, rocks and sand without a problem. The tread pattern is more aggressive than the 694. The only puncture I have had was caused by a 3 inch roofing screw I picked up just out of Lyndhurst. This is after surviving the Oodnadatta track, Dalhousie to Mt Dare (worst road I have ever been on), Simpson and Strzelecki tracks.

Will buy again as they are a top tyre but a little cheaper than BFG and Mickey T's.

Update on tyres.
70,000 now with no problems. Did 8,000 klm round trip to the Cape and Western Qld and handled everything well. Rear left tyre copped a pounding as usual and probably only has 30,000 left but other 4 will probably last another 50,000.
Very happy and will probably go 697's next time.

Rock Trol
13th January 2015, 10:57 PM
Update on tyres.
70,000 now with no problems. Did 8,000 klm round trip to the Cape and Western Qld and handled everything well. Rear left tyre copped a pounding as usual and probably only has 30,000 left but other 4 will probably last another 50,000.
Very happy and will probably go 697's next time.

Wow. That's good going. I have just clocked up 30000km and they don't seem any more worn than when I posted at 19000km. I'd like to add that they are a good tyre in the wet as well (36psi front and 39psi rear) on sealed roads. Good grip and steering feel.