PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild

Shano#
27th February 2012, 12:54 AM
Hi I've been given my fathers GQ Patrol. it was cooked many years ago, anyway my father started rebuilding her balanced blue printer bench flowed now this was about 10 years ago & I've got to put her back together. I've got a workshop manual but it is hard to work out where all the oil line run to & from & seeing it has a turbo it is a little more confusing. can someone help either with references or pics please.
Cheers Shane

Robo
1st March 2012, 02:53 PM
yep, get nissan fast on your computer and study this in relation to parts you have in your hot little hand,
you can print off what ever pics you need and it basically shows what goes where.

this is spare parts diagrams, and can be a very useful tool applied this way.

Cheers.

97_gq_lwb
1st March 2012, 08:44 PM
If you take photos of the turbo setup and oil lines etc and number them it would make it easier to explain.
This might give you a little help.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8550-Yet-another-Diy-turbo-kit-td42

NissanGQ4.2
1st March 2012, 09:46 PM
Hi mate as Robo has posted Nissan fast is is a good reference for genuine part numbers and diagrams.

You can download nissan fast from the manuals section but it only covers Australian Patrols, So wont be of any use 2 you if you don't live in Australia.

To download the software you will need 2 make 25 posts, not hard 2 do, just post up an intro about yourself in the introduction thread and welcome some new members, post up some pics in the members ride thread, you will have your 25 posts in no time.

Cheers

Todd

Robo
2nd March 2012, 01:10 AM
Nissan fast is available in a number of different versions.
have both AU and JDM, very useful even as a cross reference.
An invaluable tool.