PDA

View Full Version : Anyone changed a Timing Chain?

Mark
20th May 2010, 08:28 PM
Has anyone actually done this?

No where in my manual does it say to change the timing chain but i saw my mates Gregory's manual the other day and it says you should change it around 100,000???

What the?

CrazyDave
20th May 2010, 08:52 PM
If its working ok i wouldn't bother.

Also, It would be a huge nightmare to change as its behind the front engine so you would want to be doing a lot of other things whilst its all pulled out.

Maybe if you doing a rebuild it could worth while if your up to the 100k mark but otherwise i wouldn't bother unless you have to.

Timbo
21st May 2010, 09:18 AM
Only problem is, if you leave a timing chain go.. and you think it's fine, then it breaks.. it's a nightmare. I let the real mechanics deal with that type of thing. I don't have time to be fartin' around with it.

Patrolling
29th May 2010, 12:40 AM
I changed one last year, 1 one word = NIGHTMARE!

As G-Unit says, leave it to the pro's guys. It took me a month of Sunday's to get it sorted out and as they say, time is money!

Robo
2nd September 2012, 10:00 PM
Timing belts are 100 thou.
Timing chains only if worn out or other fault etc found.

macca
12th January 2015, 05:05 PM
If its working ok i wouldn't bother.

Also, It would be a huge nightmare to change as its behind the front engine so you would want to be doing a lot of other things whilst its all pulled out.

Maybe if you doing a rebuild it could worth while if your up to the 100k mark but otherwise i wouldn't bother unless you have to.

Yes Dave the artificial rock it came as a flat sheet and fitted it to the aquarium. Looks good I reckon, there are a couple of others on the gravel, as it's hollow the fish have caves to hide in.

jack
12th January 2015, 05:09 PM
Yes Dave the artificial rock it came as a flat sheet and fitted it to the aquarium. Looks good I reckon, there are a couple of others on the gravel, as it's hollow the fish have caves to hide in.
Have you got a timing chain in your aquarium as well? :Yahoo!:

macca
12th January 2015, 05:58 PM
Have you got a timing chain in your aquarium as well? :Yahoo!:

How the hell did that happen?

BigRAWesty
12th January 2015, 07:15 PM
How the hell did that happen?

Mcrappaitice.
That's what happened

macca
12th January 2015, 07:58 PM
Mcrappaitice.
That's what happened

Funny faarker. Tried to do the quote again and it linked into this thread WTF

BigRAWesty
12th January 2015, 10:25 PM
Yea you using mcrappa or unless forum 'cantrunafarkinginghookerjointinkingscrossfullofte enagers' runner

macca
13th January 2015, 06:50 AM
Ah that's what it is keeping an eye out for it now. LOL