PDA

View Full Version : GU Dash in a GQ

Dapple
25th February 2012, 06:47 PM
Has anyone tried to upgrade a GQ to a GU dash or know how difficult would it be? I want to install a double din DVD/GPS but I am not keen on how low it is on the GQ dash.

Silver
25th February 2012, 06:58 PM
thats an interesting idea - are you going to consider getting it engineered?

Dapple
25th February 2012, 07:02 PM
At the moment I am looking to see if its possible then I can decide whether its a DIY or I have it done professionally.

msw21
3rd April 2012, 07:10 PM
make sure u put pics up please

HammerBuilder
14th July 2012, 12:01 AM
Has anyone tried to upgrade a GQ to a GU dash or know how difficult would it be? I want to install a double din DVD/GPS but I am not keen on how low it is on the GQ dash.

Yep interesting have you been to any wreckers yet to measure cab sizes as don't hold me to ransom but aren't the GU's a little fatter crossways???
Sounds like an awsome thing to do just a fair bit of measuring n stuff like steering wheel attachments n vents,ducts maybe using all the dash & air heater air con bits would work out of GU into GQ.... Got me definately thinking now...

NissanGQ4.2
14th July 2012, 12:08 AM
I to have thought about this exactly for the same reason, I don't think it will work and even it you could. would it really be worth the drama. If your only after a double din DVD/GPS, build yourself an pod 2 fit it in and sit on the dash.