PDA

View Full Version : advice sought on body mounts for gq

ozzyboy
24th February 2012, 08:27 PM
hey guys.
I was told, the best / cheapest method in replacing body mounts for the GQ is to purchase a poly plastic solid roll, cut to size with a drop saw, drill holes through centre with a drill press, replace crush tubes etc and fit.
My question is, has anyone done this before? if so, any advice / best place in qld to find the solid roll.
If i hadn't spent so much during last 6 weeks getting the cooling system right ( another story all together :( ), i would just buy genuines.

cheers

ozz

Bigrig
24th February 2012, 08:36 PM
As said mate, if you want a hand doing this, I'm up for it. Haven't done them myself either, but replacing with normal size rather than body lift can't be overly complicated ... can it??? lmao

NissanGQ4.2
24th February 2012, 08:41 PM
Have not made them myself, but I would use genuine rubber unless doing a lift

Just looked up the price for genuines. Holy cr!p, would have 2 rob a bank job just 2 pay for them!!!!!!!!!

Can't u just buy them pre-cut and drilled? Shouldn't be that dear *L*

ozzyboy
24th February 2012, 08:58 PM
i have absolutely 0 interest in doing a body lift. so just want to replace to standard height

cheers

Silver
24th February 2012, 09:45 PM
Watching with interest as I have been putting this off for a while....... people were kind enough to respond to my initial post - mine might be more complicated than yours Ben-e-Boy, as you have a ute, I have a wagon. I think I read 7 hours as the time for a mech to do the job, and yes, the original bushes are a bit breathtaking in price