PDA

View Full Version : Loveday Meet up - Important info to read

AB
23rd February 2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/02/38.jpg
The time has come ladies and Gents!

Loveday is approaching fast and It's time to get your holidays approved and your planning hats on!

I have had a chat to a couple of people coming along and it seems that some people are heading up on the 4th April and some are heading up on the Good Friday 6th April.

I have made up a little brochure for everyone coming to have a read and take with you on the trip.

I am planning on leaving on the 4th April (Wednesday) to arrive there late afternoon roughly 4pm.

Attached are directions, some info about Loveday 4x4 Adventures, camping spot and a meeting point for anyone travelling up on the 4th April.

Hope to see you there and we look forward to meeting some new faces and some side splitting entertainment.

Make sure you are there for Saturday night as I heard Wild and Growlers are going to put on clown suits and do a comedy duo!!!!

Bring on Easter!!!

EDIT: If you are planning to meet in Mildura at 2pm on the 4th April as per the attached info can you please reply below so we know who is going to be there and we will wait for you.

wildgu6
23rd February 2012, 03:04 PM
Hahaha yer cute

Maxhead
23rd February 2012, 04:59 PM
Good one Andy, see you at 2pm 4th

wildgu6
23rd February 2012, 10:10 PM
Nice little file Andy, done well mate. As Andy said go to the servo for directions, they will give you a mud map as well. For those coming Mildura, Renmark way, you actually pass the turn off to loveday on the left about 100 mtrs before you hit the servo.

AB
23rd February 2012, 10:14 PM
Nice little file Andy, done well mate. As Andy said go to the servo for directions, they will give you a mud map as well. For those coming Mildura, Renmark way, you actually pass the turn off to loveday on the left about 100 mtrs before you hit the servo.

Thanks mate, it took me ages to actually to get the streetview images from Google. I didn't exactly know where the servo was in streetview so I had to go up and down the street until I found it....LMAO

wildgu6
23rd February 2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks mate, it took me ages to actually to get the streetview images from Google. I didn't exactly know where the servo was in streetview so I had to go up and down the street until I found it....LMAO

Good work mate, know what you meen about looking up and down the road looking for something you never seen before...hahahaha
if i get a chance i will post up an acurate mud map for the guys...

AB
23rd February 2012, 10:49 PM
EDIT: If you are planning to meet in Mildura at 2pm on the 4th April as per the attached info can you please reply below so we know who is going to be there and we will wait for you.

belzi82
23rd February 2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the info Andy. Bobbit and I will be heading up on the 6th after a baby shower so should be there late on the 6th

Sir Roofy
27th February 2012, 07:30 PM
Hi AB. Jane and I will be there in Mildura at 2pm. Thanx for the info. Roofy.

AB
27th February 2012, 08:35 PM
Hi AB. Jane and I will be there in Mildura at 2pm. Thanx for the info. Roofy.

Good stuff Roofy, can't wait to get up there!!!!

AB
1st March 2012, 04:35 PM
OOps, looks like the counter is out by two days...LMAO

Maxhead
1st March 2012, 04:41 PM
Good one Andy, see you at 2pm 4th

I replied above your post before, so now I'll confirm below your post. I am going to be in Mildura at 2pm mate...LOLOLOLOLOLLO sorry mate just bored.

AB
1st March 2012, 08:12 PM
I replied above your post before, so now I'll confirm below your post. I am going to be in Mildura at 2pm mate...LOLOLOLOLOLLO sorry mate just bored.

Good stuff mate, so it looks like Timbo and I will head up from Sunny Melbourne and so far meet You and Roofy/Jane so far.

Anyone else?

rusty_nail
1st March 2012, 09:31 PM
looking forward to it alot guys! ill be at the meetup at the appointed time! cyas there!!!

rusty_nail
1st March 2012, 09:33 PM
haha just noticed, the patrols musta been meeting on the day that google maps photo was taken, cos there is one in it in that second pic haha

belzi82
6th March 2012, 08:08 PM
I am starting to get excited. Not that long now, Exactly a month before Rob and I will be up there!!!

growler2058
6th March 2012, 08:12 PM
I am starting to get excited. Not that long now, Exactly a month before Rob and I will be up there!!!

WOO HOO she's gunna be a cracker

belzi82
6th March 2012, 08:22 PM
WOO HOO she's gunna be a cracker

I know!!!!

AB
6th March 2012, 08:29 PM
It's been going on for too long though...LMAO

Are we there yet!!!!!!

timbar
6th March 2012, 08:29 PM
nup and I cant get there either .......:(

fixer982
12th March 2012, 04:15 PM
Bonnie and I will be there on Thursday evening. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Sir Roofy
12th March 2012, 04:35 PM
Bonnie and I will be there on Thursday evening. Looking forward to meeting you all.

looking forward to it

AB
12th March 2012, 07:21 PM

Great work mate, looking forward to meeting everyone!

Almost there, almost there...LMAO

growler2058
12th March 2012, 07:41 PM
Onya fixer
I may get there Thursday night and wife n co on fri or all us on fri

belzi82
13th March 2012, 04:39 PM
Are most people leaving on the 9th or staying longer??

Also can anyone recommend a good caravan park is Adelaide?

AB
13th March 2012, 05:07 PM
I'll be leaving on the 9th Bel....I would say a lot of people would be too.

growler2058
13th March 2012, 07:10 PM

Also can anyone recommend a good caravan park is Adelaide?

West beach caravan park is a cracker Belz

growler2058
13th March 2012, 07:13 PM
Well wifey looks to have pulled out last minute so it'll be me rockin in sometime Thursday night! Woo hoo will just mean I don't have to set up a tent YaY!!! Love me swag will just try to remember a bloody pillow this time the ol steelies wrapped in a shirt just don't cut it hahahahaha

Maxhead
13th March 2012, 07:13 PM

Not 100% sure but I'm probably leaving on the 8th

growler2058
13th March 2012, 07:20 PM
Yep the 9th for me also wifeys bday on the 9th so I should probably make some effort to see her. I mean I see her nearly every other day so that should suffice............yeah right I'll be leavin on the 9th ;-)

belzi82
13th March 2012, 08:18 PM
West beach caravan park is a cracker Belz

do you know any good places near Burton, Salisbury or Elizabeth???

belzi82
13th March 2012, 08:20 PM
BTW, I hope no one minds but I have agreed to film some of the trip for Going 4WD TV

growler2058
13th March 2012, 08:22 PM
No sorry Belz I'm sure there is a caravan park out that way, do you know people out that way?

belzi82
13th March 2012, 08:42 PM
No sorry Belz I'm sure there is a caravan park out that way, do you know people out that way?

yeah but they don't know of any and they are still unsure if they are going to be home. I have looked up West Beach and it looks good

growler2058
13th March 2012, 08:53 PM
yeah but they don't know of any and they are still unsure if they are going to be home. I have looked up West Beach and it looks good

It's a multi award winning park (don't ask me what awards) I've got friends who live within a few k's of there and they take their van (big bugger) for the Xmas holidays with their kids because it's hard to beat. You'd be right by the beach literally 1 or 2 min walk close to the city and Glenelg SA's premier beach

belzi82
13th March 2012, 09:25 PM
It's a multi award winning park (don't ask me what awards) I've got friends who live within a few k's of there and they take their van (big bugger) for the Xmas holidays with their kids because it's hard to beat. You'd be right by the beach literally 1 or 2 min walk close to the city and Glenelg SA's premier beach

So what awards??? hahaha

Seems it is fully booked out after Loveday so that sucks, looks like a great park - will have to stay there next time I go to Adelaide

growler2058
13th March 2012, 09:30 PM
Check out Brighton as well another bloody great beach and pretty sure there's a park there also.
Orrrr head to the hills to Hahndorf my old stomping grounds not far from Adelaide 27km (was called hochstens resort) first German settlement in Oz Hahndorf that is.

belzi82
13th March 2012, 09:42 PM
Check out Brighton as well another bloody great beach and pretty sure there's a park there also.
Orrrr head to the hills to Hahndorf my old stomping grounds not far from Adelaide 27km (was called hochstens resort) first German settlement in Oz Hahndorf that is.

Ja ich kanntest. Ich freue mich auf die Fahrt nach Loveday und Adelaide.

I go to Hahndorf every time I am in Adelaide - try to practice my deutsch

growler2058
13th March 2012, 09:54 PM
Nein sprechen wir deutch

growler2058
13th March 2012, 09:59 PM
Ja ich kanntest. Ich freue mich auf die FART nach Loveday und Adelaide.

I go to Hahndorf every time I am in Adelaide - try to practice my deutsch

Did you say FART hahahhhHahaha

belzi82
14th March 2012, 10:23 AM
Well I woke up this morning to a stuffed alternator but I used my time productively, Rob and I now have accommodation in Adelaide at Highway one Tourist Park (the only place I could find with vacancies) so WOO HOO.

growler2058
14th March 2012, 10:35 AM
Grab ya bullet proof vests hahahahhaha

belzi82
14th March 2012, 10:39 AM
Grab ya bullet proof vests hahahahhaha

Looking at the website - Rob and I have stayed there before and it was really good, but doesn't matter it is just somewhere to rest our heads!
I am getting so excited about the trip.
Should I leave a note for Easter Bunny???