PDA

View Full Version : Manual Transmission 2,8TD GQ vs QU (Y60 Y61) - is there a difference?

berre
23rd February 2012, 09:08 AM
I guys, was adviced to post on this forum from a simular forum in Norway.

I`ve got (or my wife got) a Patrol 2,8TDi Y61 (this is what you call GU right?), it seems like the cluch is gone since the whole ting slips like an automatic, espeshualy in 3rd an 4th gear while around 2500rpm and a little load.

And since the 3`rd gear slips out if its no trotle on the pedal, I`m planing to swap the transmission at the same time.

Ive got a used transmission from a Y60 95mod 2.8 TD(with 270k`s on it) on my hand for a reasonable price.
Question is: is this the same transmission as in my Y61?

So far I`ve found out that bouth the transmissions is caled FS5R30A.
Looking at this site:
http://www.kroon-oil.com/en/products/product-recommendation/result/3fSiIIe8l6h5/nissan-patrol-gr-28-td-y60-1987-1997/
I find that it says theres a different amount of oil in the Y60 (3,9l) vs the Y 61(5,1l).
(Im thinking it might be because one of them also includes the transfercase as well, since the difference is close to the fil level of the transfer(1,9l) )

Looking trough the posts on this side i find the only diference is a smal uppgrade on the 5`th gear.

Looking at pictures from 61 vs 60, they also seems to be the same.

Is there anybody that has an idea about this?

Would be happy for any help on this.

Ben, from Norway

Bigrig
23rd February 2012, 09:15 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

No doubt someone will be able to help mate.

Enjoy!!