PDA

View Full Version : Engine removal 2000 4.2

sag57
9th September 2010, 03:11 PM
]Greetings Pulled engine from chassis with head removed, was a difficult extraction ,have hoist , engine crane and all the goodies but now after total rebuild and engine fitted with turbo l'am thinking is this going back in the same way or will l have to cut the radiator support and weld it back in after fittment. Any ideas from others who've done this in the past

YNOT
9th September 2010, 04:25 PM
G'day Sag, welcome to the forum.
Did you remove the engine with the gearbox attached? If you did, it's much easier to just remove/refit the engine on its own.
If you remove the bonnet and radiator from the vehicle and remove the engine fan from the water pump, the engine should go in easily.
I've removed and refitted a lot of engines and never had to cut a radiator support. I've never heard of anyone having to resort to that with a Patrol.

Tony

NilWil
9th September 2010, 05:06 PM
Hi Sag,
Just removed and installed my td42t without cutting and shutting radiator support. Tony has got the same idea as me but the only thing i can think of to help you is to remove the front
wheels and put them on stands to lower the car/radiator support and get clearance.

Neil

sag57
9th September 2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks gents , box is still in , l was curious if engine was going to cause me greif with the turbo attatched, l'am doing nightshift at the moment home tommorrow have a bash at it then

Mr Toby
14th September 2010, 06:12 PM
its fine with the turbo still attatched