PDA

View Full Version : Hi from WA

jaytea
9th September 2010, 03:04 PM
Hi All

I'm Jaytea and I have a 92 GQ Patrol TD42 w/ gas and a few other bits.

I'll be looking for ideas and options to trick it up a little - and I am also looking to tidy it up so will be in need of practical suppliers of replacements.

I look forward to chatting more.

Jaytea :icon_driving:

AB
9th September 2010, 03:15 PM
G'day Jaytea, welcome to the forum mate.

Have a look around, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Lots of WA members here too so local supplier knowledge shouldn't be a problem.

jaytea
9th September 2010, 03:32 PM
Cheers AB

First things I'm looking for are service priorities - this is my first GQ and I intend to do most (if not all) of my own maintenance. Previously I have a Navara from new (which isnt fun because you feel bad for every nick and scratch) which I had factory serviced (boring?).

This GQ seems fairly good (I'll post pics later) but I am not sure where to start? I'm thinking Filters and Oils - so I'll be chasing part no's and oil types and volumes. Anyhow - I'll head over to the mechanical sections and make a specific post.

Cheers for the hello.

patch697
9th September 2010, 03:36 PM
G/day & welcome to the forum.

You've picked a good place to source good info with plenty of friendly knowledgeable characters who are more than willing to help so feel free to join in.

Cheers
Paul

patch697
9th September 2010, 03:38 PM
Cheers AB

First things I'm looking for are service priorities - this is my first GQ and I intend to do most (if not all) of my own maintenance. Previously I have a Navara from new (which isnt fun because you feel bad for every nick and scratch) which I had factory serviced (boring?).

This GQ seems fairly good (I'll post pics later) but I am not sure where to start? I'm thinking Filters and Oils - so I'll be chasing part no's and oil types and volumes. Anyhow - I'll head over to the mechanical sections and make a specific post.

Cheers for the hello.

Here is a link to the forums free download of the Factory Nissan GQ/Y60 service manual.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?292-Nissan-Patrol-Full-Factory-Original-GQ-Service-Manual.

Cheers
Paul

jaytea
9th September 2010, 03:40 PM
Cheers Paul for the link.

I've started the download and will review it shortly.

locks
9th September 2010, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the forum Jaytea.

Maxhead
9th September 2010, 06:16 PM
G'Day Jaytea, welcome

RustyNails
9th September 2010, 07:19 PM
Welcome along Jaytea, hopefully we will catch up with you on the tracks.

Paul

Russell1974
9th September 2010, 10:28 PM
gday and welcome

Woof
10th September 2010, 07:48 PM
Welcome JT, enjoy the forum mate

Finly Owner
10th September 2010, 08:08 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans nut house JT